“Above and beyond Southern Hospitality!”

Hyatt Regency Greenville
Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Kevin at the front desk went above and beyond to take care of us when there was a mix up with our online reservation through a travel sight. He made sure we got our room at a great rate . The room was fantastic with a view of the area. The restaurant was very good. The valet parking attendant went out of his way to help with out bags and put them in our car for us while we walked around town. Great location. Excellent value and exceeded our expectations at every turn. We would return to Greenville just to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Thank you for sharing you recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I was so glad to read that Kevin helped you out of what could have been a bad situation. Kevin is our new Assistant Front Office Manager and has been here just less than 1 month. I am very pleased that he was able to assist, as well as our Valet Drivers. I am glad you also enjoyed your dining at Roost, our "Farm to Table" concept restaurant. We are all pleased that your expectations were exceeded and we will be even happier, if we will have the pleasure of serving you again.
Thank you and; Hurry back!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Greenville

Reviewed December 18, 2013

It is good hotel in the downtown area of Greenville. Though it is in the down town area, it is very calm place. Room is very comfortable. Breakfast is OK. There are many restaurants... Thai, Indian and many more within few minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel has a shuttle bus service to Greenville airport at fixed interval. Taxi ride from Greenville airport is about $38.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville while you were in town on business. I was glad to read that you felt the room to be comfortable and you enjoyed your breakfast. We are indeed located in the epicenter of downtown giving our guests quick and easy access to all that Main St has to offer.
Thank you for your candor and we hope to have the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

From Stephanie at the front desk to Catrina the lead server in The Roost restaurant to the bellman who offered to drive me home, I was amazed by the gracious staff. Must be the southern hospitality here in Greenville as I rarely experienced this type of service in South Florida. The hotel was completely renovated with skylights and an enormous atrium as you enter the lobby. It seems to take up an entire city block with many activities in NOMA Square out front. Perfect for business, families or even solo stays. Upon checking out I had the pleasure of meeting Seth Kines the relatively new front office manager. We are both new to Greenville and love it here. With a staff like the folks I met this weekend how can you not be the best hotel in Greenville?

Room Tip: Corner suite facing Main St had floor to ceiling windows and was huge. Warm, comfy, with super bathr...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Hyatt Regency Greenville and Roost.
I was so very pleased to read that Stephanie, Catrina and Seth provided a great experience for you. I was impressed myself, that our bellman graciously offered you a ride home as well. We are very proud of our team here at the Hyatt. Each associate works very hard to exceed customer expectations and to provide what you described as Southern Hospitality to each person that they encounter.
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency and Roost and specifically for recognizing the efforts of these team members.
We all look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Modern hotel, with a huge lounge, good restaurant, nice bar and good quite rooms. I would never expect to find this hotel at a small town like Greenville, but in this case is good to know that there is a hotel like this in this part of South Carolina.

It is in the middle of the town and very convenient location. Quite interesting and very nice downtown.

The service was great and all the people working at the hotel, of great help.

Room Tip: Ask for the Hotel transportation from the hotel prior to your arrival. Transportation from the airpo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I was very glad to read that you found our staff to be helpful and the service great. I was also pleased to find that you enjoyed your food and beverage experience as well. Your comment about finding a hotel like ours in a smaller market is one I get all the time. People tell me that when they walk through the front door they feel like they could be in New York, Chicago or Atlanta. We are all very proud of our hotel and the staff we have to serve our guests.
I do appreciate your candor and do hope we will have the chance to serve you again.
Thank you.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stay was very good. Rooms were comfortable, nice updated decor, very clean. The best aspect of this hotel was the location downtown within walking distance of all that Greenville has to offer; including dining, shopping, entertainment and more. Greenville is known for Main Street and you can enjoy it all if you make this Hyatt your home base. I would definately stay here again and will be putting family and friends up here when they come into town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street to take in the G'ville skyline.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your recent visit with us. I am very glad that you found your stay to be very positive; that your rooms were comfortable, and nicely updated and very clean. Our team works very hard to ensure we take special care of our guests and I am pleased they were able to deliver the type of service one would expect. You are correct; our location is indeed a strong point. Being in the epicenter of all that downtown has to offer makes it very convenient to shop, dine or just for a leisurely work along Main Street.
Thank you so much for choosing the Hyatt Regency, we all look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Hello I stayed at the Hyatt this weekend an was not pleased I found out that a room attendent was no longer at this location I really did want to see Stephanie ruffin after all I had somthing for her just to find out she was not there.I did not want service an the room was not up to part I knew that it was not clean by Ms.Ruffin they really lost a wonderful person

Room Tip: I cant say it was not clean by my housekeeper stephanie ruffin an it showes
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry the housekeeper you prefer was not working when you visited out hotel. We do try to train all of our staff such that you will always find a consistent product. We will certainly discuss your concerns with our team.
I appreciate your candor and do look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We spent 2 nights 11/21 and 11/22 at the Hyatt. We were in town for a concert. We received up grade to panoramic suite on 7 th floor. Room was amazing, clean and great view of city. Bed was very comfortable. Check in was quick and efficient. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Main Street was nice and safe. Many different types of restaurants and stores. Atrium as beautiful. My only complaint was that there was a charge for wifi....I would think for the price of room this would be included. Will definitely being staying at the Hyatt on all future visits to Greenville...great place to stay!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I am pleased that you thought your room to be amazing, clean and with a great view of the city. I am very glad you felt the staff to be pleasant and helpful. Downtown is indeed a wonderful place to explore; great shopping with a wide variety of restaurants to please any plate. Thank you again for your candor. We all look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.