“Great hotel!”

Ranked #11 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I just visited this hotel for a business conference. The conference rooms were nice, the catered food was delicious, the rooms were really nice and comfy, and the staff were great.

Also, Roost (attached bar/restaurant) is a great hang out spot!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are certainly grateful that you and your company chose us to house your conference. I am very glad that you felt the conference rooms to be very nice, that the catered food was delicious and the sleeping rooms were really nice and comfy. I am very pleased that you felt our staff great as well.
Thank you again for your candor, we look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our room was the smallest we have had in a Hyatt ,plus one of the smallest bathrooms I have had in a Hyatt. Bathrooms are bigger in a Comfort Inn. Greenville is a small city so it wasn't like it is in New York where you expect your room will be small. We could hear every word people spoke in the room next door and hear the hair dryer. We used points for our stay and guess we were given the smallest room. We will not stay here again. You have to use you card to get in and out of the parking garage. After we checked out we couldn't get out of the garage. My husband had to argue with the clerk who wanted charge us $15. Make sure you save the correct card for the garage. The lobby area is huge. Most the money must have gone in the lobby.

Room Tip: Don't expect much for a Hyatt and save the right card to get out of the garage
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlotte T
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I am so very sorry you did not enjoy your visit. Our rooms are available in a few different configurations and I apologize if you felt your room was too small. The room assignment really has nothing to do with point redemption, and I am sure the staff would have been pleased to change your room if they had known of your concern. I am sorry the city parking attendant was not hospitable. I will certainly discuss this with the city garage staff.
We do appreciate your business and would like to regain your confidence. Please contact me the next time you are in town and allow me to personally see to your accommodations. Thank you again for your candor.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt for a business conference. I had been here before and was not impressed. It seemd old and out dated. They have recently renovated the lobby and updated the rooms. The hotel is fresh and much more vibrant. The new restaurant is great. The room was spacious and comfortable. I do recommend staying on an upper floor to avoid the noise from the lobby and street. Overall the hotel and the amenities were very nice. It is also a great location to explore downtown Greenville which I love.

Room Tip: I do recommend staying on an upper floor to avoid the noise from the lobby and street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I was very pleased to read that you felt the hotel to be fresh and much more vibrant and that the new restaurant (Roost) is great. I am also glad you found the room spacious and comfortable. Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville and hope that we will have the chance to serve you again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was so excited to find this gorgeously decorated hotel in Greenville. The room was comfortable. Staff was very attentive and room service was great. The wifi wasn't free but it worked. They gave us great restaurant recommendations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I was very happy to read that you found the hotel gorgeously decorated, the room comfortable, and the staff to be very attentive and that even room service was great. We have the best hospitality team in Greenville and I know they will be very pleased to know that you enjoyed the experience. We all look forward to your return and the chance to serve you again.
West Union, South Carolina
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I own a Bed and Breakfast so I know what good service is. We often stay at this hotel when we are in Greenville. It is my husbands 68 birthday and I wanted it to be nice. I made my reservation about 3 days in advance and I spoke to Brandon and I explained that we would be there around 3:00 and that I would like to have some flowers for my husband but that I would like them to be more masculine not so feminine. I asked for chocolate covered strawberries and champagne not sweet, very dry as that is the way my husband likes it! It was PERFECT I could not have done it better if I had done it myself. It was a very special event for my husband and I am very greatful.

Room Tip: We like the rooms that look over the atrium, it just makes the room seem airier.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
First of all, allow me to wish your husband a belated Happy Birthday! Thank you for allowing us to assist in making this a special time for him. I was so very glad to read that Brandon was able to help make this birthday celebration the success that it was. I know Brandon will appreciate knowing his efforts did not go unnoticed. We appreciate you choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville and certainly hope you will not wait for another birthday to visit once again.
Thank you and we will look forward to serving you again.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We overlooked the pool area. We loved sitting in the early evenings by the pool enjoying a quiet time there. The proximity to all the available shopping, restaurants etc. is great. Staff was very helpful and our room was very nice. The rooms and the hotel have been redone and are quite nice.

Room Tip: Ask for overlooking the pool area
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I am very pleased you enjoyed the pool and were able to relax while here. I appreciate you feeling that the staff was very helpful and that your room was very nice. Thank you for your feedback and we hope we will have the chance to serve you again.
Savannah, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel definitely not Hyatt Regency quality.
Cons:
1) Pool was clearly not renovated with the rest of the hotel. It's like an urban Travelodge or Thurnderbird Inn pool - if that. If you and/or kids are planning on swimming at all, don't stay here. Gross.
2) The maid service did not show up until 4:30 pm. By that time, we were all back in the room and told them to just not bother but to bring us some new towels. They never showed up again.
3) The breakfast buffet - $22 for a very AVERAGE buffet. I just stayed at an Omni and had the signature Omni breakfast buffet that is around the same price. This Hyatt's didn't even come close in comparison! Too expensive for dry scrambled eggs, ok potatoes, some fruit, a few bagels, oatmeal, and grits. There are several restaurants on South Main St that serve breakfast and/or brunch where you can get gourmet breakfast (omelettes, benedicts, etc) for around $10.
4) Air conditioner in room was nowhere close to cool.
5) Bathrooms are tiny and have those annoying vessel sinks that get water everywhere if you wash your face. I understand trying to be modern, but be functional at least.
6) Halls are dark, old, and out-of-date.

Pros: 1) The lobby - gorgeous, open, and very modern. Apparently they spent most of renovation budget on the lobby.
2) Staff was friendly - greeted when we arrived, valet was friendly and helpful. Restaurant staff was hit or miss.
3) Price was good. I would say great, but for as many cons as there are with this hotel, I think I still probably paid too much.
4) Decent location, but I would HIGHLY recommend staying on South Main St, since that is the prettiest with Falls Park down there, and the restaurants seem nicer.

Will I return to Hyatt Regency Greenville? Absolutely not.

Room Tip: Near an elevator. And, choose an exterior view b/c it's easy to stand waiting for the elevator l...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank savgirl55
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that you did not enjoy a few of our amenities. Many of the items you had trouble with are very subjective, while you may not have enjoyed the pool, the reviewer just above yours, had a wonderful experience there. The bathrooms were just redone and we have had great response to them. I do apologize the housekeeping did not show up to your room until 4:30, however they are here all day completing the rooms in order and unfortunately, unless someone requests to have their room done at a certain time, someone has to be last in line; I am sorry it was you. Our breakfast buffet is $16; the Sunday Brunch is $22 but it has so much more than what you mentioned. It includes a much larger selection of breakfast items in addition to lunch type choices as well; to include seafood, meats, fresh vegetables etc and a large selection of desserts. I am not sure which breakfast buffet you were referring, however, I am sorry you did not enjoy them.
I do appreciate your candor, and do hope that we will have the chance to serve you again.
Thank you.