Hyatt Regency Greenville
Hyatt Place Greenville/Haywood(Greenville)(Great Value!)
$109
$162
$147
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Best Western Greenville Airport Inn(Greenville)(Great Value!)
$96
La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenville Haywood(Greenville)(Great Value!)
$109
La Quinta
Comfort Inn Haywood Mall Area(Greenville)(Great Value!)
$76
$74
Travelocity
$254
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
1,238 results
All reviewsmain streetlobby barbeautiful lobbywithin walking distancebeautiful hotelhotel restaurantself parkingrestaurants and shopsheart of downtownfalls parkthe location is perfectsouth carolinahotel staffthe room was niceenjoyed my staybusiness tripfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, in a great area of town. Every member of the staff was friendly and helpful - the best staff at any hotel we've stayed at. The trip started slowly - bad information from the hotel caused us to wait at the airport for almost two hours waiting for the shuttle. But when we finally hit the front desk, everything was solved. With profuse apologies and some free breakfast, all was forgotten. Room was very comfortable, overlooking the gorgeous lobby, great bed, bathroom night light built into the mirror - genius! Great black out curtains allowed for a wonderful night's sleep. TV does not allow AV input - at least I couldn't figure it out, and it didn't seem that the channels were hi-def. Internet was fine, but expensive. Nice on-site restaurant and outside the hotel is the best downtown I've ever seen. Tree-lined, chock full of restaurants and shops (few chains), great places to walk. Parks, museums, minor league ballpark - I want to come back! Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: I didn't see the view outside, but the rooms facing the lobby had a wonderful view of the hotel activity, lights, and a far view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you for visiting the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I was very pleased to read that you felt this to be a beautiful hotel, in a great area of town; and that every member of the staff was friendly and helpful. To say that we have the best staff at any hotel you have stayed is a huge statement, and I know our team appreciates your sentiment. I am sorry you had an issue at the airport but I was pleased to see that the team recovered and was able to resolve the issue. I also appreciate you feeling that the room was very comfortable, with a great view of our new lobby and had a comfortable bed. We are thrilled that you want to return to our beautiful city and to our hotel. We will certainly look forward to it and the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We attended a national convention and had meetings all over the property. Great rooms, excellent service, pleasant experience all around. Had a number of meals provided by hotel, but also ate at adjoining restaurant a couple of times. Sat on the patio and enjoyed watching the participants hunt for Mice on Main. Only complaint was that the elevators are a long stretch of the legs from the room we were assigned; but we needed the exercise!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. We appreciate that you chose us to house your meeting. I was very pleased to read that you felt that we had great rooms, provided excellent service, and a pleasant experience all around. I am glad you enjoyed our culinary here on property during your meeting, and also at Roost our Farm to Table concept restaurant. I hope you do not wait for another meeting to return to Greenville. We all look forward to the opportunity to serve you again. Thank you.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We were in Greenville for a friends wedding. We chose the Hyatt due to the great location, walking distance to a variety of shops, restaurants, and most importantly the wedding reception venue at a local history museum. Upon check in we were pleasantly surprised that our room was ready at an early check in status. We were arriving the day of the wedding and now had time to settle in and not rush to get ready. The nice young lady at the front desk was named Candace and she provided us outstanding service. She offered to print directions to the church and walking directions to the reception without me asking. The best part was she wrote a handwritten note welcoming us to Greenville and hoped we had a great time at the wedding. Also, the next day she followed up and made sure she hand delivered the item the bride dropped off for us very early that morning. With so much bad service out there in the hospitality industry, I wanted to ensure Candace was recognized.

The common areas of the hotel are truely spactacular. The bar was a great place to have a drink, the entire lobby looks beautiful at night all lit up. The rooms are a little dated, but clean. Air conditioner on the loud side. Bed was extremely comfortable and the Hyatt has a long list of comfort items available complimentary should you forget something. Many hotels have toothpaste, razors, ect. They offered make up remover wipes, deodorant, hair spray. I feel this says a lot about how the Hyatt wants to ensure a comfortable experience for the guest.

The next day we enjoyed a lovely Sunday brunch at the on site restaurant Roost. It was great dining al fresco and the food quality was very good. One thing that could also use a major renovation is the pool, and perhaps this is in the works. I will say most downtown hotels do not even have a pool , so kudos to the Hyatt for having that amenity that is a must have for some visitors in the steamy South.

We enjoyed our stay very much and would book again and have already reccomended to others!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank lshack99
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I was so please to read that you seemed to truly enjoy your visit; including your Sunday Brunch at Roost, our new farm to table concept restaurant. Thank you for recognizing Candace. She is definitely an asset to our property and I know she will be pleased to know that her efforts did not go unnoticed. You are also correct, our pool is indeed a plus in a downtown setting. While it is certainly a great amenity, we are planning an upgrade in the near future.
I appreciate you choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville and hope that when your travels bring you back, you will give us the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed in the Hyatt Downtown on a short family trip. The hotel is impressive. Beds are wonderful- closed the curtains and then slept until 9:00 am the next morning, the cleaning staff woke us up. Pleasant stay in all aspects, would recommend this as a good place to hang your hat. Wished we would have had time to really enjoy hotel, and the location of downtown. Next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I was very pleased to read that you felt the hotel to be wonderful and the beds impressive. I also appreciate the fact that you would recommend the hotel as a good place to "Hang your hat". I do hope that next time you are in Greenville that you absolutely take the time to explore our lovely city. Main Street is an incredible experience and of course, we are located in exactly the right place to use as your base of operations while you are exploring. Hurry back, as we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend Aug 9th thru Aug 11th. When we arrived at the hotel, a young guy approached our car and told us "you cannot go up to room until you move the car". I understand that this hotel has limited parking for check-in but I think they could manage to make this process a bit easier on the guest. And maybe the young man can learn to be a bit more courteous to the arriving guest, as he is the first person we spoke to. The hotel itself is very nice, open spaces and such. I had to wait a bit to find a bellhop to help me tote my luggage to the room, since my husband had to hurry to park the car in the adjacent parking lot. The girl that check us in was very nice and gave us an upgrade because we are Hyatt members. The room was a king atrium, which was a large room with a dinning table, additional seating and a view of the inside of the hotel. The problem was the air conditioner, which could not keep the room cool enough. We complained and an engineer was sent, who told us that these rooms did not have big enough air conditioners and that his boss (seems like a lady) was aware of it but had not found a solution. He said other king rooms had bigger air conditioners and were cooler, so beware!! The pool area definitely needs remodeling, could be much nicer. The exercise room was very nice, with cooled towels and fruit. We ate at Roost one night and even though it was expensive, the food was marvelous!! For breakfast not so much, we ate breakfast at The Westin and it was much, much better. Overall even though I like Hyatt's I probably would not stay in this one again, I think I would give The Westin a try.

Room Tip: Beware of atrium rooms in the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank allie8887
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville and for your feedback. I appreciate hearing about your valet experience. I apologize for the manner in which you were greeted. We outsource that activity and I can assure you that I will review your incident with the valet company. I am pleased our Guest Service Agent was very nice at check in and was able to give you an upgrade. In addition we will certainly look at the A/C in your room as well. I am glad you enjoyed dinner in Roost. I appreciate all of your candor and hope that when your travels bring you back to Greenville you will allow us to serve you again.