“Don't bother reserving a bed choice...”

Hyatt Regency Greenville
Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Reserved a king; arrived at 10:30 and was told no king rooms were available. They apparently gave my reserved king room to someone else. My daughter just moved to Greenville and my wife and I will probably be visiting often. Won't stay here again, though.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank RunningDan
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your candor. I am very sorry you did not receive the king bed that you requested. Every hotel tries to do all they can to honor requests like this when they are made, and occasionally an incident like this will happen; many time because previous guests that were due to leave will sometimes extend their stay which of course, like dominoes, affects everyone's good intentions.
I do want to try and regain your confidence and hope when you return to Greenville, you will contact me directly and allow me to personally see to your reservations.
We appreciate you choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville and hope we will have the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here 18 months ago on business and thought that the renovations done have improved its overall appeal. Except for the non-existent free wi-fi. Two-night stay on business again as they could not accommodate me for my planned 11 nights in Greenville. Brilliant Jennifer on reception; really pleased to be welcomed like that. I was upgraded to an executive room as the hotel was full; very spacious and comfortable, but no wi-fi signal in the room. Breakfast was about 20$, ok if you eat a lot, but a bit rich if all you have is cereal and coffee. So for 2 nights..ok.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville and for your feedback. I know Jennifer will appreciate the recognition; she has certainly been a great addition to our team. Also, I want you to know that we are indeed aware of our wifi challenge, and as we speak, we are in the process of not only changing providers, but installing new equipment and widening our broad band as well. This should completely alleviate the problems you have encountered; thank you for bringing it to our attention.
I do hope that when your travels bring you back to Greenville, you will give us the chance to serve you again. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hyatt on a business trip and had a nice experience with one glaring exception.

The hotel lobby is lovely - airy and spacious. Staff were friendly, courteous, and helpful. My room was a fairly standard hotel room with the typical Hyatt amenities. Room service was timely, and all my foods prepared as ordered. And you can't beat the location! Main Street has so many lovely shops and restaurants - I would love to come back for a personal trip.

BUT. Good gravy, was the wireless internet service bad. I had a lot to do, and the connection was just awful. I mean, I would be typing emails, and the lag was so bad the words appearing on the screen were showing up when my fingers were typing 3-4 sentences later. And they charge $9.95 a night for this??? I even went down to the Business Center (which, by the way, the guide in the room told me was on the 8th floor, but really is in the lobby), and it was no better there. Opening a pdf that had been emailed to me took several minutes (and then crashed). And I couldn't figure out any way to actually print that pdf once I successfully got it open. Another person in the Business Center told me that she was having the same slowness problems. I don't know if this was an anomaly or what, but it definitely impacted my stay. If I couldn't be reassured that this was not a typical experience, I would not stay here again for business.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lisa S
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I am so glad you found the hotel lobby to be lovely - airy and spacious. That you felt the staff friendly, courteous, and helpful. I was also pleased to read that your Room Service was timely, and all your food prepared as ordered.
I am so very sorry you had issues with our internet service; but there is GOOD NEWS! We have recognized that there is an issue with connectivity and we are, as we speak in the process of not only changing internet providers and installing new equipment, we are also increasing band width as well. This should eliminate all of the issues you encountered.
I sincerely appreciate your candor and do hope that when your travels bring you back to Greenville, you will allow us the chance to serve you again; and experience a greatly enhanced internet experience as well.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Beautiful Hotel, excellent Front Desk staff, all of them I encountered were more welcoming than ever, you don't get that a lot. They really did care. Great location in Greenville, overall I had a wonderful experience and will definitely be back again! Great Job!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville and for your kind words.
I was pleased to read that you felt the hotel to be beautiful, and the front desk staff to be excellent and more than welcoming. You are correct when you observed that they really do care. I am glad you had wonderful experience and hope that when your travels bring you back, you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Recent renovations place this at the top of the limited options in this market and our rate of $120 made it a full service steal. Typical rooms, nothing special, bathrooms are small, beds are comfy (oddly, towels are thin & cheap) and hotel is a bit humid, trying too hard to save energy costs I guess. Restaurant is creative and decent bar/lobby feel with modern decor.

• Stayed: August 2013
Gary C, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I am pleased that you felt we are at the top of the options list. I can assure that our towels are far from cheap; however we will definitely look into the inventory to ensure we are not using a tired and thin product.
We appreciate your candor, and hope when your travels bring you back to Greenville you will give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Excellent hotel in downtown Greenville. Room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. The bed was super comfy. - got a great night sleep! The lobby is stunning with a nice bar and several nice sitting areas to relax in. The staff was very friendly and helpful in finding the local running trail - Swamp Rabbit Trail - and places to eat. The location is the icing on the cake though as downtown Greenville is steps away. All the food and shopping of this great town are minutes away and the gorgeous views and waterfall at Falls Park a short stroll away as well. It doesn't get much better than this!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your recent visit with us, at the Hyatt Regency Greenville. I was very happy to read that you felt the hotel to be excellent, the room spacious, clean, and very comfortable, and that the bed was super comfy. I am pleased that you found the staff very friendly and helpful.
We appreciate you choosing the Hyatt Regency Greenville and look forward to the chance of serving you again.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I was here for a family reunion this past weekend and have to say that the family chose the perfect hotel in the perfect location. This Hyatt is appealing to the eye with its attrium lobby with cool, modern light fixtures, chic furniture design and layout and overall comfort. We just felt like we were in a really cool place. Teh rooms were comfortable and fine enough for 4 of us to share a double. Parking was very convenient and not over priced. We dined in The Roost (the hotel restaurant) for dinner and had one of the amazing beef shoulder dinner specials. I don't think you can go wrong ordering anything there and again the atmosphere was modern yet comfortable. There is an exit right onto Main Street where there are off-the-beaten-path shops. Tehre is a free trolley that will take you all the way down Main Street to the waterfalls park. The hotel meeting space was nice and the food at the banquet was delicious. The only thing I would say they could have done differently is to make the doubles double-queens but there might not have been enough space in the rooms for that during hte renovation. Thanks for a great stay Hyatt Regency Greenville! We'll be back!

Room Tip: We love the atrium view. You can see out but no one can see in if you have your semi-sheer curtain...