“Great location”

Crowne Plaza Greenville
Ranked #27 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed December 14, 2010

As a solo traveler on business in the Greenville/Spartanburg area this is a great place to stay. All inclusive if you don't want to go out to nearby restaurants, Ruth's Steakhouse is great, if you choose to leave the hotel there are numerous bars/restaurants in close proximity.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed November 21, 2010

Breakfast included in stay ...wonderful!
Very friendly and helpful and went out of the way to make sure the guest's needs were taken care of....expectations exceeded!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
GAlexanderG, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us! My name is Ghee Alexander and I am the General Manager of the hotel. Our goal is to provide friendly attentive service to our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire Team. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Greenville, SC.

Reviewed October 11, 2010

This hotel is serious about providing a truly non-smoking environment! As far as I could tell there were no accommodations for smokers inside the hotel. This is fine with me! We ate in the restaurant for a buffet breakfast that was excellent. The pool was heated and added a very relaxing end to a couple busy business days. The business center is convenient and well furnished. It even has an ATM machine in the business center. The wireless internet was sort of slow.

The bed was luxurious and the bathroom was big and shower hot! The housekeeping service was excellent. They never hurried us and even though I left a tip the first day, (I should have left a thank you note) It was right where I had left it when I got back later that day.

Within 10 minutes of the GPS airport so very easy to access. 7 min to downtown. Great place to stay in Greenville. (oh by the way) Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is located in the hotel even though we did not have time to eat there.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
GAlexanderG, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza. My name is Ghee Alexander and I am the General Manager of the hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with my team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza the next time you are in the Greenville area. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed October 1, 2010

This hotel was amazing! I went to hang out with my college roommate to catch up with each others lives. The hotel walkway was very inviting and the lobby was just as beautiful. The front desk staff and security guy were just great. I had the best night sleep I've had in a long time. I commend the management team for training their service staff to anticipate their guests needs.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I have stayed in my share of hotels, but the staff in this hotel showed us the best Southern hospitality you could receive. It was a dream come true, from check in to check out. Most of our needs were anticipated and carried out. The entire staff went the extra mile to make our stay as comfortable as possible. They only request that was not carried out, was the request for a refridgerator. However, the location was great, the hotel was quiet, and the bed was comfortable. There is no smoking in the entire hotel, and no pets allowed. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
GAlexanderG, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2010

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments regarding the Crowne Plaza and it's staff. We strive to provide en exceptional experience to all our guests. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed August 15, 2010

i would like to thank the hotel staff for all they have done while i was here,from mgt,front desk, drivers, maint, house keeping ,if something need done it was ,if i needed to go somewhere they took me,if it need fixed it got fixed, recived new refrigerator, new microwave , tuesday,s mangers reception,is the place to be,again thank you all for making me fell like one of the family,hope to see you soon .ricky

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank OldTimer0910
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Stayed there on business for 3 weeks, not impressed at all. Old property and 2 star services. The front desk was rude and incompetent with the exception of one gentleman that I can't recall by name.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I have shared your comments with the Management Team & the front desk Team. I am sorry to hear that you were treated rudely.
I want you to know that this is certainly not the norm at the Crowne Plaza. We have used your comments to improve our services. 90% of the hotel rooms have been renovated in the past year, I am sorry if you were accommodated in one of the non-renovated rooms. We are in the process of completing the remainder of the rooms. Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments with us!