“Horrible Customer Services”

Crowne Plaza Greenville
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Hotel was beautiful to look at and the rooms inside seemed to be very nice. Never got a chance to actually stay there because they would not provide the room that I had originally requested when I made my reservations. For 2.5 hours they gave us the run around and told us that there were no rooms available on the 4th floor (rooms with a great view), when the rooms were actually available but they were giving them to others as they come into the hotel. I have never ever experienced such horrible customer service and being lied to blatantly. All the rooms they would show us were rooms with views of walls or the roof top with air-conditioners. When you make a reservation well in advance, there is no excuse for being treated like you just walked in off the street and needed a room. On top of that we traveled to Greenville specifically for our birthdays to celebrate and never made it to our luncheon, because we were asked to wait for a room which they had never intended to give us. I have never in my life experienced anything like this before from any hotel and have been treated better by many other properties that don't have a 3-4 star rating.

Room Tip: Do you homework first before you stay here. Make sure you are getting a true room with a great view...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cornelia B
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your experience at our hotel. On behalf of our team, I apologize for the lack of service and attention to your needs. I was extremely dissappointed to learn about these issues, and I completely understand your frustration. Please rest assured that I have addressed your comments with our team. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and will help us to improve our service and better please our guests. We sincerely hope for another opportunity to serve you. Best Regards, Christina S.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Greenville

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This was one of the best crown plazas I've stayed in. It is very quiet the pool was nice and for it to be so close to the lobby you can't hear it while drinking at the bar. The on site Ruth's Chris steakhouse was awesome and never disappoints. I highly recommend this hotel especially if it's just a couple's getaway. Only downside is that there is no breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose as high as possible the Quiet floors are higher up.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Speedracer89
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your Greenville getaway! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. We value your feedback, and appreciate your kind review. We hope to see you on your next trip to our area! All the Best- Christina S. and the Team at Crowne Plaza Greenville.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My friend and I were attending a conference and found this hotel nearby. The service when we checked in was spectacular. I believe I was speaking to a manager and the Rooms Division Manager. They were both very courteous and professional. Our room was well appointed but had some maintenance issues. We had trouble closing the bathroom door because it stuck. The beds, however, were quite comfortable. The wifi had great speed. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing feedback from your recent stay. I must apologize for the issue with the bathroom door in your room, and I regret any inconvenience it caused during your time with us. We greatly appreciate your complimentary remarks regarding our staff. I will gladly pass them on to the team. We would be delighted to host your next visit to to Greenville, and hope to see you again soon!

Best Regards- Christina S. and the Team at Crowne Plaza Greenville

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Hotel was beautiful and very clean. Bed was very comfortable. Loved the mounted makeup mirror in the bathroom, and loved having a refridgerator in the room as well. My only complaint is that there was not at least a continental breakfast offered. overall, I enjoyed my stay, and would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank FuninGA
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your room. We hope to serve you during your next visit to Greenville! Sincerely, Christina S.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Your front desk staff was very helpful thru out our stay. Dale gave us a dinner suggestion that was fabulous. Keep up the great work! The indoor pool was the perfect temp. My room was on the 4th floor and i did not hear any noise from above which is wonderful. The ac/heating unit was no where as bad as many hotels i have stayed at recently. Loved my stay!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heather V
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Heather, thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your visit to Greenville. Your kind review is much appreciated. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. I will gladly inform Dale that his dinner recommendation suited you very well. Please come back and see us again soon. Until then, take care, and thanks again! Sincerely, Christina S.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

There was renovation going on at the hotel, but it did not affect the area I was staying. The loby has several computers available. The wi-fi in the room was free (quite slow) or for a fee one can get 3MBs. I chose the free and must admit that compared to my Charter at home with 30 MBs it was very slow.The room was perfect except for no microwave.I was offered free breakfast at Ruth's steakhouse insiidew the hotel. I do not know if everyone gets the breakfast or just Elite members of IHG.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Christina S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Greenville!

Christina

Reviewed December 25, 2013

This hotel is a couple of miles away from downtown Greenville but it is right on the expressway that gets you downtown fast. The advantage to staying hear is that the rates are usually much less expensive than the downtown hotels.
The hotel has recently been renovated and is very nice inside. There is a large open lobby/bar area and the elevator is located past the lobby. Using the side entrance near the elevator is useful, especially with luggage. Our room was very attractive, clean and quiet.
Breakfast is offered in the Ruth Chris restaurant area. While the food is not prepared by Ruth Chris, the room is very pleasant and the lady who oversaw the area was extremely pleasant and helpful. Food was very good.
This is a good alternative to downtown Greenville hotels when living on a budget.

Room Tip: Join Priority Club to get upgraded rooms when available
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family