“Not quite up to par with the medallion...needs a little work.”

Crowne Plaza Greenville
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Martinsville, Indiana
“Not quite up to par with the medallion...needs a little work.”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This reviewer was presenting a seminar at this facility. This is a nice place, with a relatively good location, not quite adequate parking (for the needs of the seminar attendees.)
The sleeping room was comfy (room 123) with a king bed and a twin. However, upon entering one found that the air conditioner cover was askew. How can housekeeping not notice this?
The doors to the closet need replacing (come on, how many times have you, fellow traveler, noticed worn closet doors!)
The amenities were typical, the bathroom clean- actually, the entire sleeping room was quite neat and clean. Quiet, with a comfy bed, this room works.

The price paid ($133.00 plus taxes for the sleeping room) did include "breakfast" at the Ruth's Chris located inside the hotel. The breakfast was, well, awful. For the additional fee of getting the "breakfast package" one finds a biscuit with a sausage and a single piece of cheese, a plastic cup of sliced fruit, orange juice (only, no other options), coffee, and dry cereal with milk. Toast and bagels are available. Do yourself a favor and don't get the "breakfast package, but rather go to any of the other local restaurants for breakfast.

Fellow travelers, you need to know that this facility is scheduled for a make over.

This will come none too soon- regarding hosting a conference and/or seminar here.

There were over 200 attendees at the conference. The restrooms are located directly across the hall from the conference rooms.
The women's restroom? 2 stalls.
The men's restroom? 2 stalls.

Additionally, one may find a women's restroom and a men's restroom by the pool, each with an additional stall.

The manager did open up two sleeping rooms for the attendees, which increased the number of available toilets (these became "unisex" restrooms.)

The seminar was indeed a success; however, there were noticeable deficits to the planning stages of the sales and catering folks. When the number of attendees was known, the banquets staff should have at least considered that restroom resources would be an issue well before the day of the event.

Food was provided at the conference through the Ruth's Chris restaurant ($30 per person) for sandwiches and cookies, The sandwiches were tasty, but $30 was a goofy price, and the facility ran out of cookies for the attendees (the banquets staff "budgeted" 2 cookies per person.)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear LMHC1RPH2,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you and your group experienced during your stay. I have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for review. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Once again, thank you for choosing us and providing us a candid feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is the second time that my family and I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Greenville SC. Our first visit was during the holidays in December 2012. It was during the December trip that the front desk staff treated my family and I as if we were truly family, which has never happened at any other hotel before. In June 2013, we decided to take another vacation to surprise our niece for her graduation, which also afforded me an opportunity to attend a walking ceremony for my Bachelors program. The check-in process was simply and easy since all the paperwork was accurate and ready for our signature. I would like to point out the Crowne Plaza staff from the front desk, accounting, marketing, maintenance, transportation, housekeeping, and Ruth’s were available to answer and solve any situation within their control. Again, there was not a day that did not go by where every one of the employees made my family feel like family. They took the time to listen and learn about our vacation.

The breakfast buffet was conveniently located off the lobby entrance just inside Ruth’s restaurant. Fresh coffee and orange juice started the day along with fresh fruit, parfait, cereal, a variety of pastries, and hot biscuit sandwiches.

The swimming pool is indoors in the main lobby with a very spacious pool deck and handicapped lift. My daughter and niece enjoyed the warm heated pool water for more than an hour. Even though both girls are, 18 we had to drag them out of the water to attend other events.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone whether you are traveling solo, for business, as a couple, or with friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rbrannen
Charlotte
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked this hotel using Hotwire - we were really pleased with the hotel itself and then even more pleased that the hotel upgraded us to a nicer room without us asking, upon our arrival. Though you can tell the building is a bit older, it's really nice, and has sort of a stately lobby - Beds were awesomely comfortable and it was nice & clean. Carpets recently replaced. It's in a nice area of town, conveniently located near great shopping & dining. Breakfast was offered but we didn't partake - it was a $10 buffet, rather than the usual free-for-all at most hotels nowadays. Our only objection wasn't the fault of Crowne Plaza but Hotwire, as their site wouldn't allow us to report to other users that we received an upgrade! So now you know, as we learned, that Hotwire sort of manufactures its reviews - We'll review only on Trip Advisor from now on!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. Our team is very excited about our $4.5 million total property renovation which will take place June - Nov this year . Our staff works very hard to ensure our guests have a comfortable and productive stay
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is my third stay at the Crowne Plaza this year, and it just keeps getting better every time. The hotel itself is pretty much like any other although this property is in the process of a remodel and from viewing the drawings and plans, seeing some of the remodeled rooms and speaking to the manager, I feel certain that the outcome will be very nice and really help the facility have the modern, updated feel that it needs.
What really sets this hotel apart from others is the staff! From the front desk staff (Cynthia) to the housekeeping, maintenance, and restaurant servers... the staff here is happy, friendly and always ready to help the guests in any way possible. Every person that I have had contact with seems to enjoy being here and wants to serve the guests in the most professional manner possible. This is one of the very few hotels that I am totally at ease bringing my family to because I know that they will be treated as honored guests.
The location is great, right beside I-385 and only minutes from downtown Greenville, Plenty of parking space (I drive a tour bus so this is a big deal to me) and a wide variety of restaurants near by,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Zaventem
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hotel was not great but also not really terrible. The thing that I missed most was personality. The hotel is big and with just a few guests it feld really empty. And then it shows that there is no pleasand athmosphere in the hotel. Besides that the cost for the breakfast was way too high. Too bad, but I will not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Bart V,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I had a nice suite on the 6th floor, the room was very comfortable, well appointed. I am looking forward to the New Look for the property, that starts in May and should be completed in October. Dinner was at Ruth Chris, which is right off the lobby, they do all the food for the property so the quality and menu is good.

• Stayed April 2013
Greg G, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Mr. White thank you for your kind comments on the Crowne Plaza Greenville . Our staff works very hard to ensure each guest has a pleasant and productive visit to the hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will visit us again soon
USA
Reviewed March 26, 2013

They have the loudest heat\air room units I've ever heard! Cannot control the fan. They roar or go off. Keeps you awake most of the night! Pool was clean, but skylights look like they have piles of bird feathers on top of them. Front desk staff were nice. Mr. Robbie was superb. Bar ceiling still dirty from last time. Fitness area was shut down. Business center is really good, with printers that work. They need to get busy and not let this once very nice property deteriorate. It's time for some serious TLC & replace the heat\air units now.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us . I wanted to let you know that The Crowne Plaza Greenville is about to start a $ 4.5 million dollar total hotel renovation that will include all 200 guest rooms ,lobby and public spaces estimated time frame May- Sept 2013. The hotel will have a completely new look design and feel and be one of the first in the country to display IHG's new design brand standard for Crowne Plaza Hotels . I would invite you back to visit the hotel when renovations are complete later this year. I have addressed the skylight and bar ceiling with our housekeeping Manager and these issues will be immediately addressed . Thank you for your comments and would invite you to visit the hotel again when you are in Greenville SC .Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of further assistance .