“Nice, clean, and comfortable”

Crowne Plaza Greenville
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Watertown, Wisconsin
“Nice, clean, and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I recently had a buisness meeting in Greenville and this hotel was recomended. After staying at a few Crowne Plazas recently that were outdated it was a pleasure to stay at this location. The hotel has been maintained well and my room was clean and comfortable. I was a little disapointed that I was not upgraded to a king room since I am Platimun in Priority Club and the hotel was not full, but that does not reflect on the hotel itself. The only negative we had was the hotel bar closed at 10:00 as did the Ruth's Chris restaurant. The restaurant was not to Ruth Chris standards but I will not hold that against the hotel. I will stay at this hotel on my next visist to the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was able to book a room at the military rate of $79/night. Hard to beat that price. Would have been nice to have the breakfast buffet included but that would be asking too much given the price of the room. Buffet was $9.99 -pricy but so are all hotel breakfasts. Room was very clean and pleasant. The bed/pillows were extremely comfortable. Housekeeping staff was very attentive. The staff at the front desk-can't say enough about them! One time I was at the front desk and one staff person returned from purchasing a heating pad that was needed by a hotel guest. That is above and beyond! The location of the hotel is great. You can walk to a few restaurants and a bakery nearby if you don't want the hotel buffet. Costco is only 1/2 mile away if you want to eat really cheaply. I'd definitely stay here again if I'm in Greenville.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one Friday night recently. It was during college football season with several home games around the Greenville area. The price was Ok, compared to other similar hotels in the area. I would say the hotel was Ok too. The room was clean and furnished nicely, so no complaints. The lobby area was a bit dated, but I believe the hotel is going to start renovations soon. The hotel was very crowded with fans from one of the traveling football teams - when I went down for breakfast, there was literally no place to sit. The breakfast was fine you can't beat the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
GaryC851, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your candor. I am glad you enjoyed your visit. You are correct, we will be starting a complete renovation by the end of the year, and we are all looking forward to the change. I do apologize that you found seating so difficult at breakfast. It was indeed a very unusual situation that morning with the visiting team's band that created the crowded situation at breakfast.
We do appreciate you chosing the Crowne Plaza and hope that you will give us the chance to serve you again.
Summerville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Every staff member i encountered was extremely friendly and very helpful. Ruths Chris was also very good. I will stay here on every trip to Greenville!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the lobby if there is a big party in the banquet rooms downstairs!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind remarks. I am glad you found the room clean and comfortable. I am very pleased that you found the staff to be very friendly as well. We appreciate you chosing the Crowne Plaza and hope you will give us the chance to serve you again.
East Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband had a job interview in Greenville and we wanted to check the area out, so we booked the Crowne Plaza through Hotwire.com (got a good deal at $60 per night). It is in a GREAT location - very near the Haywood Mall and downtown Greenville.

The hotel itself is very nice - the lobby is lovely and it is attached to a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse if you're into fine dining. We both enjoyed our buffet breakfast one morning (it's nice that they have a full breakfast buffet option along with a continental breakfast), though it was quite overpriced (but, aren't all hotel breakfasts ridiculous?). There is a nice-looking fitness center as well as an indoor pool.

The room was nice... not fabulous and not awful either. It was a bit damp in the room, but other than that it was pretty comfortable. The bed was super comfortable which was surprising considering I always wake up with a backache in a hotel. The bathroom left a bit to be desired... It was clean, but just looked dingy. The grout on the tile floor was a bit grungy.

Overall, it was a nice place. We would stay here again if we got the good rate from Hotwire.com.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GaryC851, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your candor. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit. I believe you will enjoy your trips even more once we complete the hotel renovation that will begin shortly. I do hope you will return soon and give us the chance to serve you again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our recent trip to Greenville came with a shocker that serving your country does not always come with thanks...We were originally at a WM hotel and told we had to check out cause our military rate was not available for our next 4 days (who does that)? We checked out and just drove....arriving at the Crown Plaza with NO reservation...
Cynthia at the front desk was just a joy & so polite she let us know we could stay as long as we want with Military discount. when I asked if a fridge/microwave was in the room...she said "no problem" I'll get them sent up for you....she was just awesome. Later that night I had the pleasure of meeting Rodney who was able to direct me with anything I needed downtown.... Only drawback is after reading all these reviews I was like...wait, there was a shuttle downtown?? no-one told me...probably cause I did rent a car from GSP.....I would have liked to been shuttled around and avoid getting lost in directions...lol
My only grip would be the same one I've read in quite a few reviews....the bar closes way too early... and one night the girl just closed up while we were drinking and said.y'all sorry i have an emergency
YES I would stay again..the bed was awesome, pillows awesome, quiet even tho next to I-385...best part--walk across the street to Strossner's Bakery................yum

Room Tip: go down for your night cap early...the little bar in the hotel lobby closes at 10..earlier if she ha...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words. We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit. Cynthia and Rodney are 2 of the finest Guest Service Agents in the city and they will be pleased to know their efforts did not go unnoticed.
We look forward to your return and the chance to serve you again.
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Room was covered in ants ceiling to floor. Staff was nice, and accommodating. The female bartender was sick, coughing all over the place and rude, should have been sent home. She was much nicer the next day either. I was given a $50 gift certificate to the way over priced Ruth Chris meat menagerie. The dimmer the lights the more expensive it gets, not impressed; food was okay. Looked like a funeral home, I'm guessing this was for all the dead meat that you stuff in your face. Gym was lacking, needs more than one cheap treadmill. Really? One cheap treadmill. Pool looked nice but I didn't use it. Lounge decor was nice; breakfast was better than most, and included. Hotel room furniture looks warn.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Trip754,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. I am delighted to know that you found our staff nice and accommodating. The team works very hard to create a friendly and comfortable accommodation and it is nice to know that you were able to notice it.

Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the bartender may have caused during your stay. I will follow this up to ensure similar incidents could be avoided. Also, thank you for bringing the gym and the room's condition to our attention. This feedback will enable us to target specific problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services and amenities.

We hope that you are able to visit us again the next time you are in Greenville and perhaps, next time, take a dip in our relaxing pool.

Krysllin G.