“Nice hotel, excellent promotional rates for travels”

Crowne Plaza Greenville
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Nice hotel, excellent promotional rates for travels”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

A good qualify hotel with nice amenities and a good location at a very reasonable promotional rate. Check website for special promotions not to be beat for a hotel of this quality for quick weekend stays while visiting Greeneville,SC.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank KEN M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Since I usually stay in HI Express or Courtyards I have missed the services and accomodations that are reserved for the higher end hotels . The staff was great and always helpful in everway

Room Tip: Rooms are less expensives on Sunday/Monday evenings
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza Greenvile SC the weekend of the June 15th. What a disapointment, first there is no one to help with your bags. Then they have no newspapers on thw weekend, not even the local news. The rooms are worn and tired, I think the wall paper is from the sixties. The resturant and bar closes at 1100 PM on the wekends, what are they thinking? Then I grabed the ice bucket and went down the hall to a room labeled ice and vending, bt there was no ice. I called the fron desk and they told there was only ice on 2 floors, really. I guess fron now on it's the Hyatt.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lancenbecky
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear lancenbecky,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Connie D
Miami, FLorida
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I booked this 3 star hotel through Priceline and did not notice that a free breakfast comes only with some rooms..not all...so I had the added expense of having to pay for breakfast, and no one ever did explain what the parameters are for said free meal . It comes standard in every hotel I have ever stayed at and I feel the 3 star rating for this hotel is misleading.
The wifi is a joke. No matter what time of day or where I am in the room it takes forever. To the point that I resort to using my phone instead of the computer.
The decor of the hotel is standard. Nothing fancy or exciting. Laminate flooring in the lobby areas instead of a nice hardwood gives it the feel of an inexpensive hotel. No granite countertops in the bathrooms, or other nice decorating touches.
They advertise the comfortable beds...mine was way too hard to ever be comfortable. They advertise eye masks and lavender aromatherapy whatever's..li have no idea because..again, not as advertised.
The restaurant on site for dinner is Ruth's Chris...a wonderful restaurant..but very expensive...too expensive for anyone staying at this hotel I am sure.
Parking is good as it is free..as advertised...and there are ample spaces.
My room was average in the clenleaniness area...the bathroom door is filthy as are corners of the room etc.
Overall I would not stay here again..there is a hotel every mile or so throughout the Greenville area and more value for your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Greenville, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear SuziGeeinFlorida,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am pleased you liked the convenient location of our hotel. I apologize you were not fully satisfied with your accommodations and the service you received during your stay. We just want to assure you that our Hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day.

Karen C
USA
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Fair stay. Pool was warm but dirty in the bottom. Pool area dusty. Bar ceilling dirty. Some hallways had a smell. No fridge or microwave in the small room. Lobby area is pretty nice. Front desk had mostly nice people. Staff is letting things go and property is going downhill though. If renovated, we'd likely go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank visitin
Dear visitin,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you liked our lobby and our staff was accommodating during your stay. Please accept my sincerest apology for the swimming pool issues you experienced. We work very hard to ensure our facilities are superior and we strive to be the best Crowne Plaza around. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Pam G.
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed May 15, 2012

This was a typically comfortable Crowne Plaza. Very proficient front desk. Room was very liveable with a terrific pillow top bed with nice bedding and comforter. Being a club member we were on the top/6th floor which is a "quiet" floor which I really appreciate. The only complaint was a VERY small closet. I was there for a 4 night stay and had quite a few items to hang.

Room Tip: 6th floor is designated a "quiet" floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank waddayouthink
Maryland
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The Crowne Plaza is a great place to stay if you are in Greenville,SC. The front desk staff is helpful, polite, and will go out of there way to prvide you with assistance. The shuttle driver Ponderosa is the BEST!!!! She picked me up from the airport and has the most pleasant attitude. I really enjoyed her company coming and going to the airport. During my stay I had the pleasure of another driver on Friday and Saturday named Will. He was such a gentleman when it came to dropping off and picking up my sororirty sisters and I from our outings of having lunch. The general manager was on the property that Friday and was so accommodating when it came to helping those who needed it. The breakfast buffet was tasty for only $9.99. I really enjoyed the fact that they offered complmentary coffee and water in the lobby area. The manager on duty named Rick had to pull shuttle duty and let me tell you Iwaspleased to see management step up and help out. This was an enjoyable stay for me from check in to check out.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business