“Great location but horrible encounter with general manager”

Wingate by Wyndham Greenville
Ranked #22 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great location but horrible encounter with general manager”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel a time before our last encounter and chose to do so based on the overall great experience we had the first stay. Upon checking in on our last stay:
A staff member began downgrading the college apparel we were sporting. I understand this was probably of good nature but professionally speaking it was not a friendly or welcoming gesture.
Secondly, Pam, Manager, did not even greet us when we arrived at 10:40 am, told us that we couldn't check in until 11:00 am then after checking availability proceeded to tell us we couldn't check in until 3:00 pm. Our first stay we were able to check in at 9:00 am, but understand that circumstances are different as the past check in was on a Friday and the first was on a Monday. Honestly, if she had a better attitude and handled our check in with a little more sincerity it would have not been an issue.
Proceedingly, she confirmed our hotel reservations as a smoking room and when we clarified that we did not smoke and would rather have a non-smoking room she confirmed that we had booked a smoking room and that is what we would get. Did I mention we had an infant with us?
She was unapologetic and sent us on our way without farewells.
After leaving, I attempted to cancel my reservation through my travel site, unlikely I know, but worth a try. My online accommodation site informed me that they would be able to cancel my reservation under the hotel's discretion. And under Pam's discretion, that was not happening.
Hope others have a better experience than what I did, but we will not be staying at this hotel again and will take our business and recommendations to another facility.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Travelers also viewed these Greenville hotels
La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenville Haywood
Microtel Inn & Suites Greenville
Clarion Inn & Suites Greenville
Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport
Hyatt Place Greenville/Haywood
Hampton Inn Greenville / I-385 Haywood Mall

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Greenville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wingate by Wyndham Greenville

Property: Wingate by Wyndham Greenville
Address: 246 Congaree Rd, Greenville, SC 29607-2708 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Greenville)
Location: United States > South Carolina > Greenville
#6 Best Value Hotel in Greenville
#13 Romantic Hotel in Greenville
#17 Family Hotel in Greenville
#20 Business Hotel in Greenville
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Wingate by Wyndham Greenville 2.5*
As of December 1, 2016 the Baymont Inn & Suites is officially a Wingate by Wyndham hotel! The entire hotel has been newly renovated. All rooms will have new carpeting, bedding, and micro/fridges in every room. The exterior has been repainted with new landscaping. The breakfast, which is included in the rate, is a deluxe hot breakfast located in our beautiful new lobby. The hotel is located across the street from the Haywood Mall and is surrounded by lots of restaurants and shops. Our location has easy access to 385. We are just minutes from downtown Greenville. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Greenville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Greenville - Haywood Hotel Greenville