“Very Clean and Nice place to stay!”

Comfort Inn Haywood Mall Area
Ranked #23 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for Labor Day Weekend. What a perfect choice! Very pleased with the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel room. Bed was comfortable and Breakfast gets an A+! If my family ever need to stay in the Greenville Area again, Hampton Inn is the place choice without hesitation! Excellent Rating!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Clean for the most part but the the rooms are dated and the bathrooms had mold growing in the caulk. There was also noticeable damage to the sheet rock behind the furniture.

I'm not really worried about the room being dated but the cleanliness is something that could be fixed with simple housekeeping and proper maintenance. The bathroom had dust behind the sink and on the light fixtures and I felt like I was back in the showers at my football locker room because of the mildew.

If we weren't here on business and staying for free we would be packing right back up and going to the Drury Inn here in town. We always stay there when we come to town on our own dime and you cannot compare the two...So book at the Drury and don't waste your time here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KJoelH84
kim k, General Manager at Comfort Inn Haywood Mall Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Joel,

I am very sorry that you found your guest room to be in that condition when you stayed with us in July. At Hampton we do have very high standards, higher than Drury even and are inspected in our entirety twice per year by Hilton Hotels Corporation. Your room somehow must have been missed during our rigourous routine inspections. I again apologize that you did not find the hotel up to par. You are more than welcome to contact me at the hotel and I will do what I can to make things right for you. At Hampton Inn Hotels your satisfaction is guarnteed or you do not pay. Your review does not provide me with your contact information or I would reach out to you. Thank you for letting us know your thoughts so we can become a even better choice for lodging in Greenville.

Kim Kessinger

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Stayed here after bad experiences at another Hampton in Greenville for 2 consecutive years and this was a delight. Not perfect but this is *almost* the Hampton that all other Hamptons should use as their model for excellence. Great hotel, great location, hotel and grounds well kept up, rooms were clean, bed was particularly comfortable for a hotel bed, excellent breakfast included with the room - not just "continental" but cereal, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, breads, etc. Walking distance to great restaurants or a 5 minute drive to even more. All staff that I encountered were great, helpful, & friendly, what more can you ask for? On the downside, wifi was "acceptable" -- not fast but acceptable, better than some others I've stayed at. Strangely enough, there is no guest laundry onsite - laundrymat is a 5-10 minute drive away. Also does not have onsite workout center but they do allow guests access to a full service gym/workout center nearby. Nice outdoor pool area, water temp was just right.

Room Tip: rooms in the low 20's (ie, 322) or high teens (ie, 318) are nearest the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I went to Greenville for business and I stayed in this hotel. Fair price, good place (near to Haywood Mall) nice service. I recommend and definetly I will come back

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed here several times over the years, and the staff is always great. This Hampton does have smaller rooms than others, with limited bathroom counter space compared to some of the newer properties, but the rooms are consistently clean, comfortable and quiet. It's a great location too, across from the mall, and nearby restaraunts.

One nice perk the hotel does on Monday to Wednesday evenings, is providing a complimentary managers reception (non-alcoholic) which features a different local restaraunts each night for some food samplers, such as pizza or wings, cheeses, chips etc.

Good value, location, and pleasant staff for your stay in Greenville.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed for business. Rooms are a little smaller than most Hamptons, but still very comfortable and clean. The hotel is a little bit old fashioned compared to most, but the friendly staff and general upkeep totally compensates. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2012

The rooms in this hotel are dated. The staff isn't overly nice. The internet is slow. I have stayed here a few times now and can't understand why the cost is so high. Very average hampton inn.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Bill,

Thank you for submitting your thoughts via TripAdvisor. I am sorry that you feel the way you do about our hotel. We do pride ourselves on a nice, clean and friendly hotel providing every amenity Hampton Inn requires and we have been awarded numerous times for our service and quality by Hilton Hotels Corporation and TripAdvisor. But what really matters is how you think and what you perceived. Again I apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. If you would like to contact me at the hotel I would be happy to do what I can to make you feel better about your stay. Hampton Inn does have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and we do stand by that. Again, thank you for your opinion.

Kim Kessinger