“No Disappointment for me” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Greenville

Wingate by Wyndham Greenville
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Cove City, North Carolina
“No Disappointment for me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

The hotel is located near the mall with lots of restaurants to choose from in close proximity. It is also nestled just back off of the heavily traveled main hwy. which makes this a quite place to stay. I always stay here when I have business on this side of Greenville. The staff is consistently friendly and it is always clean. The beds are comfortable with plenty of hot water for that relaxing shower. The complimentary breakfast and hot coffee in the morning is much better than most I've seen.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Geneva
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

I have stayed here several times before but have never written a review. However, I am doing so now as I wish to thank Patricia for her wonderful breakfasts, her lovely greeting and excellent service to the guests in the morning. She is a real gem. The hotel also provides free cold water bottles in the morning which is another added value. I will return again in March.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

Excellent place to stay! That staff was very helpful especially Octavia (she works all the time)
Clean rooms! Coffee hot all the time! When I left they even had a large bucket with ice cold waters for the guest leaving at 6:30AM.
The Hotel is in a great location near restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

Older Hampton, but the lobby is nice and a friendly person greeted me at the front desk. It’s a hike from the desk to the elevators I’ll admit that I was pretty skeptical about the place judging from the hallways. First they smell old and secondly the doors are clearly seeing the ravages of a lot of use. The room was clean and appeared to have new furniture, but the tacky old brass light fixtures and gold-framed artwork remained. The AC is a wall unit that will blow right on you if you sit at the desk to work. There is a refrigerator and the stand it sits in has a space for a conspicuously missing microwave. One must-have for someone who travels as much as me is a functioning fitness center (something that is standard in every Hampton I’ve ever been in), and this places misses the mark there.

In summary, the hotel is clean, comfortable and has friendly staff, not to mention plenty of decent restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank littleamen
Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

We were taking our daughter to her first year in college in Greenville and stayed here for three nights. Awesome accommodations as Hampton usually provides. It was a bit tight for 3 people...we had the king size bed with the couch that pulls out into a bed for our daughter to stay with us until she went on campus. When the bed was down it came RIGHT up to the desk. No room in between. We had to move the coffee table and desk chair in front of the door at night. I'm hoping next time to get a room with two double beds. That might allow for more "wiggle" room.

The breakfast was really good and typical of the Hampton name. All of the staff was courteous and gracious and the room was very clean and immaculate. The beds--*sigh*'--I'd love to have one in our home. Make sure to bring extension cords with you if you have multiple things to plug in like cell phones, laptops to charge, etc. The nightstand on my side of the bed had no outlets at all.

Don't be afraid to email me if you have any questions!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

We have never stayed at a Hampton Inn before... but this will not be the last!!! This Hampton Inn was by far one of the best hotels we have stayed in. The rooms were modern and clean. The staff greeted us with a smile and even called us in the room to make sure that we were pleased with what we found. We had a great breakfast and was greeted with Patricia the Breakfast hostess. I told her how many people commented about her on Tripadvisor and she told me how much a blessing that was to her. They had some great breakfast foods and didn't charge you for it like a nearby Courtyard. I will definitely be making Hampton top on my list and will be returning here the next time I take my daughter back to College!

Room Tip: rooms were clean, however tv controls were confusing
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Saint Peters
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed in the more glitzy Hampton Inn on the river in Greenville one night and then the Haywood location the next night. Even though, the downtown location offers much more, I had a more comfortable and welcoming stay at Haywood location.

The Haywood Hampton Inn offers plenty of free parking, comfortable rooms, extremely friendly staff, and a roomy breakfast area. The mall and dozens of restaurants are located nearby. It is conveniently located off the interstate.

For passing through, this is a great and affordable option.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family