“Standard Hilton”
Review of Hilton Greenville

Hilton Greenville
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Consistently clean, friendly staff. The hallway on my floor smelled kind of funky, though. Not sure what it was. It didn't smell that way in the room, thankfully. Also, in the executive lounge, I asked the lady if there was recycling for the water bottles and she said they couldn't keep recycling up there because it was too much work. Not sure why that would be a lot of work - I thought that odd.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
tito-cares, General Manager at Hilton Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

I am delighted that you stayed with us recently. We pride ourselves in clean, comfortable surroundings and certainly feel being eco-friendly is important and critical to the environment. Our recycling program is underway including plastic of all kind, thank you for presenting your concerns. Please feel to reach out to me if you have any additional questions.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Greenville

Reviewed April 5, 2013

pool area old and out dated, hot tub did not work and was greenish, front desk staff rude and breakfast buffet was few items and over priced ! room was relaxing and view from room were fantastic! overall would not return or tell a friend to visit that hilton location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a nice Hilton, near the airport and the food in the restaurant and pool. Staff is great and rooms are quiet. This is a very convenient to the interstate and city, but isolated. Upper rooms are very quiet and they provide free transport to town.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
tito-cares, General Manager at Hilton Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

On behalf of the associates, I would like to thank you for your recent stay. We strive to not only meet, but also exceed the needs and expectations of our guests and I am glad we did. Downtown is a great destination and is only a 5 minute shuttle ride what a better way to see Greenville, we look forward to your return!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

trip was family and attending Brides against cancer at this hotel. Staff was very friendly. Mostly we enjoyed our stay except for ac unit too loud, tree branches hitting our windows and felt pet fees were excessive.

Room Tip: Pets only allowed on second floor, nice for taking pet out but high fee for very small dog. Front r...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

We're so glad we could serve you during such an important event. I apologize for the noise disruptions and appreciate your suggestion about the pet fee. We're working with our maintenance team to fix the issues and will reexamine our current amenity costs. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've never stayed at a Hilton before and I booked this online mainly due to the indoor hot tub and pool. It was very easy to find off the interstate in an area populated with places to eat and shopping.

Check in was made easy by the lovely front desk woman - and I can't remember her name which I hate - but she handed us bottles of water and joked with us. I asked her about breakfast which was not complimentary......and she gave us access to the floor where we could eat breakfast for free. She was also gracious and gave us a coupon for 2 complimentary appetizers and drinks in the bar downstairs. Our appetizers were nice sized, we didn't even need dinner and asked if we could take our glasses to our room to finish our drinks, the answer was yes! Bar staff was prompt and efficient. The only downside was the bar area is not blocked off from the front hotel doors and it was a bit cold when they opened.

Pool and hot tub area were clean and pleasant. The only negative was the hot tub timer didn't work and I'm not sure how long we were in it before we noticed it had not shut off. I'm thinking that we stayed in a little too long chatting with others before we realized it never cut off, that could be a problem if you easily lose track of time since you are only supposed to stay in 15 minutes.

Our room was nice, the view from the room, not so nice.......but we just shut the curtain. It appeared that the hotel was newly updated and I liked the bathroom products. Bed was also comfortable.

Breakfast was nice in the executive area. The woman that mans the breakfast was very abrasive and loud. No indoor voice. Any request were handled loudly and brusquely. She did a good job keeping everything stocked, but could use a little more pleasantness in her tone and demeanor. I don't think she was rude, per se, she was just very no nonsense.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay! We did not go downtown this trip however, we were informed there was a shuttle that ran from the hotel to downtown, which is definitely a plus! I think you would enjoy your stay here as much as we did. :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

On behalf of the associates, I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty and patronage. It is our goal and intent to make every guest’s stay a first-class experience and I am happy to hear we did. We hope to see you soon

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Spent 5 nights at this hotel and fell in love coz. of the service at this hotel. Very helpful lot and would go out of their way to assist.

I've found my home, away from home and would stay here whenever I'm in Greenville.

• Stayed: February 2013

I have shared your comments at our recent team member luncheon and it was received with applause, I hope you heard it. We are in anticipation of your return. Enjoy the rest of your Summer.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This Hilton is exactly what you'd expect - decent room, noisy HVAC, limited breakfast buffet. Funny how the name Hilton meant something really nice when I was younger. Now most Hiltons are basically Hampton Inns that charge a little more. The big problem I have with this particular one is the EXTREMELY SLOW INTERNET. It is almost unusable, and they want to charge you $9.95 per day for it unless you are a Hilton Honors member. Oh yeah, the cleaning products they use ae pretty unfriendly to anyone with allergies. Pretty disappointing.The best feature of this hotel is it's location. At least the staff seems nice.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Slartabartfast,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your input helps us to improve our guest experience and ensure we're doing all we can to help guests have an enjoyable stay. We apologize that your internet service did not work well during your stay and are in the process of completing this important feature. While we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet, we strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities. We hope you will consider staying with us again.