“Upscale and Enjoyable!”

Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
West Columbia, South Carolina
“Upscale and Enjoyable!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've never stayed at a Hilton before and I booked this online mainly due to the indoor hot tub and pool. It was very easy to find off the interstate in an area populated with places to eat and shopping.

Check in was made easy by the lovely front desk woman - and I can't remember her name which I hate - but she handed us bottles of water and joked with us. I asked her about breakfast which was not complimentary......and she gave us access to the floor where we could eat breakfast for free. She was also gracious and gave us a coupon for 2 complimentary appetizers and drinks in the bar downstairs. Our appetizers were nice sized, we didn't even need dinner and asked if we could take our glasses to our room to finish our drinks, the answer was yes! Bar staff was prompt and efficient. The only downside was the bar area is not blocked off from the front hotel doors and it was a bit cold when they opened.

Pool and hot tub area were clean and pleasant. The only negative was the hot tub timer didn't work and I'm not sure how long we were in it before we noticed it had not shut off. I'm thinking that we stayed in a little too long chatting with others before we realized it never cut off, that could be a problem if you easily lose track of time since you are only supposed to stay in 15 minutes.

Our room was nice, the view from the room, not so nice.......but we just shut the curtain. It appeared that the hotel was newly updated and I liked the bathroom products. Bed was also comfortable.

Breakfast was nice in the executive area. The woman that mans the breakfast was very abrasive and loud. No indoor voice. Any request were handled loudly and brusquely. She did a good job keeping everything stocked, but could use a little more pleasantness in her tone and demeanor. I don't think she was rude, per se, she was just very no nonsense.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay! We did not go downtown this trip however, we were informed there was a shuttle that ran from the hotel to downtown, which is definitely a plus! I think you would enjoy your stay here as much as we did. :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
tito-cares, General Manager at Hilton Greenville, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
On behalf of the associates, I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty and patronage. It is our goal and intent to make every guest’s stay a first-class experience and I am happy to hear we did. We hope to see you soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Spent 5 nights at this hotel and fell in love coz. of the service at this hotel. Very helpful lot and would go out of their way to assist.

I've found my home, away from home and would stay here whenever I'm in Greenville.

• Stayed February 2013
tito-cares, General Manager at Hilton Greenville, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I have shared your comments at our recent team member luncheon and it was received with applause, I hope you heard it. We are in anticipation of your return. Enjoy the rest of your Summer.
Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This Hilton is exactly what you'd expect - decent room, noisy HVAC, limited breakfast buffet. Funny how the name Hilton meant something really nice when I was younger. Now most Hiltons are basically Hampton Inns that charge a little more. The big problem I have with this particular one is the EXTREMELY SLOW INTERNET. It is almost unusable, and they want to charge you $9.95 per day for it unless you are a Hilton Honors member. Oh yeah, the cleaning products they use ae pretty unfriendly to anyone with allergies. Pretty disappointing.The best feature of this hotel is it's location. At least the staff seems nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Slartabartfast,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your input helps us to improve our guest experience and ensure we're doing all we can to help guests have an enjoyable stay. We apologize that your internet service did not work well during your stay and are in the process of completing this important feature. While we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet, we strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities. We hope you will consider staying with us again.
Alabama
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Starting with the positives - the location is convenient to shopping, fast food, and the bed was comfortable. Now the negatives - my bathroom wasn't clean, the little mouthwash bottle was 1/2 empty, I was given an adjoining room which meant that I could hear everything going on in the next room. I was travelling on business, and was able to get a discounted rate and free (decent) breakfast because of the company I was associated with, but I don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
tito-cares, General Manager at Hilton Greenville, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input on our location and room amenities and we apologize for the housekeeping misstep you encountered. We will share your comments with our team and work harder to prevent similar issues moving forward as we know our guests deserve the best in comfort and cleanliness. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time business brings you to our area so we may show you the quality hotel experience you expect and deserve.
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great hotel and location for a weekend stay. Very nice rooms. Very clean. Friendly staff. Great location near many activities. Only 10 minutes from downtown Greenville. We have stayed here before and would stay here again and again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
tito-cares, General Manager at Hilton Greenville, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thanks for your recent patronage and we are glad you were able to relax and enjoy our hotel as well as Greenville, our location makes it ideal for quick trips to downtown, the mountains and events that are being held close to our hotel. Hurry back.
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have stayed here multiple times, good price, service, and location. This time we had a rude check in though. The pool is great for the kids,a dn they have hot tub. Rooms are great and comfortable and new. get a room facing the city on high floor, a corner room if you can get it.

Room Tip: corner room high floor, and facing city!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
tito-cares, General Manager at Hilton Greenville, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Your comments are appreciated, I realize the importance of customer service, our goal is to be friendly, and respectful to all travelers I have shared your comments with the department team members to improve our peformance, I look forward to seeing you here in the future.
Belmont, North Carolina
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and it was great. They put us on the 8th floor (of 9) which was nice since and we had no traffic noise what so ever.
The parking lot is big so no issues with that, which is better than some of the downtown locations in Greenville which charge for parking every day.
We had a double bed room and it was nice and big. The room had a safe and a mini fridge as well as a flat screen TV with ALL the channels.
The hotel has a pool and a gym which we didn't even see so can't tell you about that. We didn't visit the restaurant either however we did visit the bar and they had good drink specials and the bartender was nice and was generous with the portions.
The location of this hotel is the best part since it's only 5 minutes from Main Street and right off the interstate (385) and about 5 minutes to 85. So you can get to everywhere pretty easy. There's a shopping center across the street that has shops and restaurants if you don't feel like eating at the hotel or drive far away to downtown.
The rate we got for this place was awesome at $96 a night (pre paid)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends