“A solid average....”
Review of Hilton Greenville

Hilton Greenville
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel the last two times I've been to Greenville, SC, and despite my attempts to love it, I simply can't.

It has a lot going for it: good location, great views from the rooms, the Hilton name, etc.... But the bottom line is it falls just a bit short.

For example, I stayed in room 917 and neither telephone in the room worked. I went to the gym and two out of three treadmills weren't in proper working order. The hotel was renevated within the last few years, but it wasn't entirely thorough as can be seen easily if you're a detail type person.

The price was right for my stay, average. So perhaps that's the bottom line, if you stay here you'll get an average room for an average price.

All that being said, this hotel is a mecca for conventions, so don't be surprised to have a crowd walking around!

Peace!

Room Tip: Book the 9th floor, even numbers, free breakfast and cookies in the evenings.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 19, 2012

had a nice stay recently at the hilton. stayed for soccer tournament. staff was nice, rooms clean , and bar area and breakfast was good. lobby rather small but they placed seating in front outside that was nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was a little worried, but after arriving was pleasantly surprised! Staff was great. Room was spotless. Housekeeping did a wonderful job. The location was perfect!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The hotel accommodations were quite nice, able to use my laptop with the complimentary wireless service. On travel with two associates and there was a mall across the street and plenty of restaurants nearby. The only gripe that I have would be THIN walls! As I was relaxing in my room after conducting a site-visit for my job, my neighbors were making noises to the point that I could hear (and walls were being bumped). Later after I'd gone to bed, the "wall knocking" began again at 12:15am and woke me up. After a few mins. I called the front desk and they sent someone to the room. So....it's either thin walls or the style of headboards need to be changed :-) Overall, the hotel staff that I encountered - good customer service was provided. If I'm in the area again, l would certainly consider staying at this spot again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stay in Greenville a lot as we just adopted a baby girl from there and we had to go back there to finalise the adoption. We always stay at the Courtyard across the street, but the rates were rather expensive, so I opted to try Priceline and got a GREAT deal on the Hilton. The decor is lovely, rooms were clean and spacious and my son loved the pool... We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Three days of experiences which you don't expect from a Hilton, justifies my low rating. The check-in was not pleasant, more of a negotiation. Even higher and middle class family type hotels/motels provide free wireless internet in your room as do all other Hiltons I have utilized. Not this one, $10. per day. Sunday morning during breakfast and checkout.... a local "church of what's happening now" held a service in a room adjacent to the lobby. Unsupervised children ran throughout the lobby and dining area and no one cared. This went on for over an hour. The comment by an employee was that not much could be done since they had paid for the use of the room. Not what I expected, for sure. The room was clean and convenient, however, there are better places for less money with more conveniences. I'd rather have been in Quality Inn and will be the next time I visit Greenville. This hotel is a poor representation of the Hilton name. The physical plant is attractive but that the end of my compliments. Bringing an issue to the staff I encountered was like talking to a deer in the headlights. Now I find out that to provide a review, I must join Tripadvisor. No review forms or e-mails provided by Hilton.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if you expect Hilton quality! You get more bank for the buck at Quality Inn!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The front desk staff did a great job. Rooms were fine! NOISY in the halls and with the ac! The breakfast buffet in the morning was plain awful! It was a Sunday and they were supposed to serve til 11am. We got down there at 9:45am and there was not much there besides yogurt and some breads. Asked for the food on the buffet and was told they were wrapping things up because it was late. Are you kidding? Asked for waffles and eggs like the buffet was supposed to have. Was told if we made them - they would make us eggs. We got the food after 30 mins - and it was ice cold. Totally ruined my stay!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple