“Well kept, good service”

Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Well kept, good service”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Rooms are a little tight due to this being a dated hotel, but very clean with good service. I enjoyed the fitness facility as well as the bistro area. I would choose this hotel again for a business stay in Greenville.

Room Tip: I would choose a Jr. Suite next time for more room, especially with the bath area.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize for the size of the room and hope it didnt cause too much of any inconvenience during your stay.
We are looking forward to house you during your future travels to the area. Please contact the hotel directly we can be of any further assistance to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I'm a loyal Marriott member and stay at this property every time I travel to Greenville.
It was remodeled last year, the prices are reasonable, the location is convenient and it's just a short drive to dining choices nearby. The staff is well trained and friendly. There is a large medical facility nearby that offers great, safe space for walking nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and review on your recent stay with our hotel. We are thankful for your loyalty to Marriott and our hotel and look forward to continue to provide you with a "home away from home" during your travels to the Greenville area.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Booked a competing property, when we arrived it was sub-standard at best. Made our excuses and left....we are on the road with no reservations! We call Courtyard Haywood Mall. They couldn't have been more welcoming! Fantastic room/property, as clean as you would ever want, staff are true hospitality professionals. Nothing was too much trouble, breakfast concept is great, food plentiful and tasty. The front desk, bistro, cleaning staff all behave as if they own the hotel! Too many people spend too much time complaining, not enough of us say when it's great. Courtyard by Marroitt Greenville is worth a visit and a stay! OUTSTANDING !

Room Tip: Ask politely :)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank virtual100
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay! We are so glad to have had you stay with us during your travels to the area and are looking forward to accommodate you and your family during your future travels to Greenville. Thank you for sharing your "story" with us!
New Jersey
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I had a reservation with confirmation number and late check in notice . When I got to the hotel after hours of travel to greenville, the front desk apologized that they were overbooked and I no longer had a room despite having a reservation/confirmation number. They offered to get me a room at the clarion next door...no way...I saw that hotel on the way into their parking lot and thought it looked scary and certainly not comparable. I sat around the lobby for 1 hour waiting for them to find me a room. No coffee was offered to me for my time and I had to keep asking them about the status of their search for a room for me as it seemed like they could care less. Very disappointing.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Darlata
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay, especially during the check in process. I understand that you requested an early check in, which was not carried out as the hotel was completely sold out the night prior, even with your reservation noted for arrival the following day. The Assistant General Manager and myself cleaned your room so that you may check in as early as possible. In speaking with the Travel Agent that booked your reservation i also explained that they did not specifiy your arrival time for AM or PM which made it difficult to determine your time of arrival. Please accept our sincere apologies in regards to this incident. We take great pride in taking care of our guests and clearly did not meet your and our own expectation. We hope that you consider giving us another try in the near future. Please contact the hotel if i can be of any further assistance.
Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Rooms were very clean and well appointed. Bed was super comfortable. I travel frequently for swim meets and was quite disappointed with the expensive food and coffee situation at the hotel. They have a bar/bistro on site which is convenient but VERY slow to make food, although it is tasty when you finally get it. Most Marriott's I stay at offer complimentary breakfast...this one does not and the buffet they did provide for our group was bagels, yogurt, eggs and sausage, milk, juice & apples. Not the Buffett that athletes need to start a day. The final day of our stay they didn't even serve hot food...ugggg. Biggest complaint is NO COMPLIMENTARY coffee or tea....seriously?? Small cup of TAZO english breakfast tea was 1.89...seriously??? Would have been happy with a free bag of Costco tea and some complimentary hot water, geez. thought that was a staple in the Marriott chain of hotels. Will definitely look elsewhere for our stay in Greenville next year.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. The Courtyard Brand in general doesnt offer complimentary breakfast unless included in your rate or group block. The breakfast options you received were based on the signed contract. I completely understand that healthier food options would have been more accommodating for your athletes and am very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact the hotel directly if i/we can be of any further assistance.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I tend to stay at Marriott properties for their consistency; occasionally, however, a few stand out - like this one.

The room and bathroom were among the cleanest I have stayed out. Not a hair, not a dust puppy. I even moved the work desk-TV stand down the wall (more about that later) and there wasn't a trace of dust or debris. The bed was a tad soft for my taste, but everyone is different and it wasn't so soft as to make sleep uncomfortable.

My only complaint - and this is standard it seems in all Marriott Courtyards - is the placement of the TV at the side of the bed. Great if you're sitting at the desk or on the sofa, but awfully hard on the neck if you are watching TV from the bed. Come-on Marriott designers, surely there is a better solution?

Staff at this property are excellent. Management is always walking through the lobby, picking up, checking on guests. The restaurant facility is wonderful. OK, the food is pretty standard Marriott fare, but it is very well prepared and the staff will make changes in the routine menu if you request (like no sauerkraut on the turkey sandwich). In fact, there is one African American gentleman at the restaurant that is wonderful - very attentive, very friendly, excellent memory for what we ordered.

Maintenance staff and housekeeping all were friendly, very focused, and always pleasant, saying hello to you in hallways and asking if there was anything you need.

And while it may sound minor, it was a joy to discover that the ice machines on each floor actually worked - I didn't have to make a trek to find ice!

Excellent stay and I recommend the property very highly.

Room Tip: You are close to I-326, so if you are very susceptible to noise, you may want to ask for an interior...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your detailed feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I am very excited to share your comments with my team. I apologize the mattress of the bed was not to your preference and hope that you still had a good nights rest during your stay. I also understand that the positioning of the bed in the room can be difficult to enjoy watching TV while laying in bed. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback!We are looking forward to accommodating you during your future travels to the Greenville area.
Lancaster
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights visiting a local University for our daughter. While the check-in staff and first night service was very good, it went downhill from there. The fitness equipment needs servicing badly (one of the ellipticals even says so on the display), and the audio connection device on the treadmill didn't work for my wife. We needed extra towels and when we called the front desk they stayed they were busy and would try. After 25 minutes I went to the front desk myself (I had worked out and was sweaty, and cold since it was 13 degrees outside!), and found the front desk clerk just talking and laughing with a co-worker. Apparently not as busy as they indicated. Each of our three keys malfunctioned the last day so we were unable to get into the fitness area (a kind guest let us in), and our keys didn't work the room either. Thankfully my daughter was in the room. I could go on with other challenges, but this Marriott was not like others I've stayed in. I'm a rewards member and will avoid this Marriott In the future. If you have this option I would avoid this property as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul T
RICSH, General Manager at Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for your recent feedback on your stay. I apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. I would like to discuss this feedback with you further, please contact me at 864-234-0300 at your earliest convenience.