“My wife and I celebrated our Anniversary”
Review of Devereaux's - CLOSED

Devereaux's
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street
Greenville, South Carolina
“My wife and I celebrated our Anniversary”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our Anniversary at Devereaux'z and had a wonderful time. We had a great waiter named Mike T who was very helpful with drinks, food and deserts.
We shared everything as we always do so we could experience it all. Each course was delicious and taking our time you get all the flavors of the wonderful food which is also presented very well.
We not only had good food, but we had a good time. Devereaux's is expensive, but worthwhile. We will definitely go back again and again.
The location is an old cigar factory (which is lovely, very tastefully done) and It would have been nice to have a cigar with some port or cognac. (There is no smoking LOL)

• Visited January 2013

The Villages, Florida
“A Great Choice for High End Fine Dining in Greenville”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had a great dinner at Devereaux's in downtown Greenville, SC. The restaurant is conveniently located within walking distance to the Peace Center for the Performing Arts and many other downtown points of interest. Although the price was at the high end for Greenville; so was the food and the service. The dining room decor was tasteful and fitting of a restaurant of this high caliber. They offer both a set gourmet "tasting menu" for about $120 per person, which looked like a gourmet adventure, and a more reasonably priced "guest selection" menu; from which we ordered. The server started us each out with a complimentary hors d'oeuvre to "awake the pallet." For an appetizer, my girlfriend ordered the Seared Scallops served with Pasta Free Pork Ravioli, with Braised Cabbage, and a Kanzuri Mignonette. I had the Gazed Pork Bellies with Miso Braised Root Vegetables in a Rutabaga Puree with an accent of Soy-molasses. For the main course, my girlfriend had the Black Grouper with Wild Mushrooms, Sweet Potato Zephyr, and an accent of malt vinegar. I had the Bethel Trails Lamb with Charleston Gold Rice, Banana Pepper Lima Beans, Parsley, and Rockatillo. For dessert, my girlfriend had the pumpkin tart and I had the honey pear. Everything we had was excellent. To top off the meal, we each had a Cappuccino. The service was also excellent. I was especially impressed by the fact that the server explained the ingredients and the preparation of each dish. We felt very welcomed and I had the feeling that the staff was proud of the meals they were serving and wanted to convey a memorably pleasant dining experience. The dinner for two described above totaled just over $126 before the tip with water as a beverage. This is a great spot for high end fine dining in Greenville.

• Visited December 2012
Greer, South Carolina
“Christmas Holiday Dinner with Friends”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have an annual tradition of celebrating the Holiday's with freinds over dinner each Christmas. We chose Devereaux's based on exceptional rating & reviews. Our Sunday evening reservations were made, we arrived on time and were seated in a timely manner...It was then (20) minutes before anyone stopped by our table to welcome us, provide water or take our drink orders. The menu was very limited, but they did accomodate several special requests for our party. The food was tasty, the portions were small and they were pricey. Overall our dinning experience was average+ to OK.

• Visited December 2012
Greenville, South Carolina
“Delicious Devereauxs”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Devereauxs has never disappointed us. The menu can be quite expensive so we typically go for more special occasions. The food has always been prepared well & the service spectacular. All of that comes at a price, however.

Visited November 2012
“Surprising Discovery”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Devereaux's offers incredibly interesting and compelling selections from a variety of local fresh sources. From beginning to end, our group savored each dish as an experience. From the appetizer through dessert, each offered a unique blend of unanticipated and satisfying flavors. It was so good, we returned the next night to explore more of the menu.