“Very Nice”

Dining options: Reservations
Grayson, Georgia, United States
“Very Nice”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you like me love a great meal but not always the dressing up and what I call fru fru stuff that sometimes goes with it then this is the place for you too! Actually went with a large group and these folks went out of their way to accommodate us. Food was excellent, service attentive but not intrusive a perfect meal. Will go back whenever in the area.

• Visited October 2013

Sun City, Arizona
“Sad to see the decline”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We took local friends who recommended the Peddler. We were kept wating for 40 minutes on a weekday night.... There were at least 8 free tables. (I'm guessing they didn't have sufficient wait staff. We ordered Prime Rib to be told they only had "medium well." Then we saw our steak cut at about 1" thickenss but the steaks we received were barely 5.8" thiick. The to top this shoddy service we were read the dessert menu. I ordered Key Lime Pie. Then the waitress arrived to say they didn't have it.

• Visited October 2013
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Neat old building and good food”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I really liked sitting on the porch overlooking the hillside greenery. Salad bar was included in the meal and had great stuff to choose from. My wife and I had the Prime Rib which was good but not great. I had some Onion Soup which was quite tasty. Enjoyed the meal overall and thought the cost was reasonable. A nice place for once in a while special occasions.

• Visited September 2013
Easley, South Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food Doesn't Make Up For HORRIBLE Customer Service!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a restaurant I have frequented on many occasions due to its popularity among friends of mine. I have always thought it was a bit overpriced, but not enough to keep me away from a great evening of friends & laughter! After my last visit, that has changed. The Peddler chose to host a group of around 30-40 for a business dinner. I'm not sure if it was last minute or they were understaffed, but they were not ready. We waited an hour & half for our meal while they chose to take the orders of, cook, & serve the entire business party even though we were seated & had ordered before the party arrived. Anyone who has been to the Peddler knows their Salad bar is the Best part of the meal but it is extremely small and can only service, at most, 3-4 people at a time (you have to go around complete salad bar to complete salad!) Imagine that with 30-40 people! Nope, you couldn't even get your salad. We were nice, we asked twice about our meal (I abhor people who complain for free meals) and just enjoyed conversation. As I left, I ask to speak to the manager (who is happened to be the owner!) No apology, no discount, nothing! Her answer, the cooks where overwhelmed! Duh!! During the hour & half no one offered an appetizer to hold us over, a dessert, or even an apology!!! I understand things happen beyond their control, maybe this was one of those tomes, but a little bit goes a long way in book!!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Christie P
Greenville, South Carolina
“Thumbs Up - Oustanding Food!”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We visit The Peddler maybe 6 times a year. The food is outstanding! Steaks cooked to perfection. The salad bar is like no other. This restaurant has been in Greenville for many many years. It was a house converted to a restaurant with an added on porch for dining. It can be a romantic dinner or a birthday celebration..either the case..it fits the bill. The only downside of the restaurant, to me, is where the salad bar is located. It is near the kitchen and has a slight odor of dishwater, to me. I wish they would move it to another room. However, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. It is one my favorites...

• Visited May 2013