“Sorry, folks, but....”

Dining options: Reservations
Oslo, Norway
“Sorry, folks, but....”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

With so many places to choose from, this place definitely doesn't make the cut. I've had better service - the whole staff seemed inexperienced/stressed out. And the food wasn't all that hot, literally. Portion sizes were good and prices weren't bad, but there are just so many better options out there. Won't take a chance again at this place.

• Visited July 2014
LongHornSteakhouse, Guest Relations Manager at LongHorn Steakhouse, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Hi Diane- A visit like the one you described definitely makes it difficult to enjoy yourself and falls short of the experience we want to provide. Please accept our apologies that our team was unable to provide you attentive service with entrees that were piping hot. Your review shows that we have some definite retraining opportunities with both our service and culinary teams. We'd really like a chance to show you that we do place an emphasis on your satisfaction and can do much better. If convenient, please e-mail us at longhornsocial@longhornsteakhouse.com, we look forward to hearing from you.

Simpsonville, SC
“Meh...”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

It was OK, but not anything that would make me necessarily come back.
Food was fine, service was fine (except for offering additional beverages when our glasses were CLEARLY empty,) and the restaurant itself was nicely appointed. Just not the caliber of other restaurants.And if you are a vegan, forget it-you are stuck with sides. So, "meh..."

• Visited May 2014
LongHornSteakhouse, Guest Relations Manager at LongHorn Steakhouse, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Hi pushin60inSC - "Okay" falls short of the sort of experiences we want to provide. Sorry to hear you were not offered drink refills on this occasion. Would you please contact us at longhornsocial@longhornsteakhouse.com? We hope to make this up to you.
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Longhorn Steak House Greenville SC”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We all went for the fillet steak and it was excellent, the longhorn steak knife almost fell through the steak it was so tender.
Well worth a try and not too expensive either.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Alan G
Greenville, SC
“Casual dining in great location”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife had the grilled shrimp which she said had an excellent flavor. I had a beautiful piece of salmon which was not overcooked which is unusual. Most restaurants love to over cook salmon for some reason. The service was efficient and our server Alisha was patient with our questions. When we were leaving, I forgot my hat, which she brought to the front of the store as we were leaving. This location consistently offers an excellent meal at a reasonable price. A manager checked on us twice during the meal. The call ahead seating program deserves a special mention, which we always use. We were seated within 5 minutes of arriving even though the waiting area was stacked up with walk-ins.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank scwaterfalls
USA
“Tongue physically burned from something in my sandwich that was not supposed to be in there”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

First, I have been a long time customer of Longhorn Steak houses and gave the one in downtown Columbia, SC a great review.

Every time I have visited Longhorn Steak House in Greenville SC, I order the same thing.
It has been consistently good until today.

Three at our table ordered the same thing- soup and the shaved prime rib sandwich.
I have ordered this same meal at least 6 times this year alone. It is normally a very good sandwich.

I bit into the sandwich and immediately my mouth was on fire. I opened the sandwich and there was what appeared to be something green in my sandwich. I immediately drank some tea to cool down my mouth. It did not help.

I told our server that my mouth was burning from the sandwich and I was in pain and that there was something green in the meat. She said it is supposed to be spicy. I stated that I had had it many times before and that it had never physically burned my mouth and that the green thing was not supposed to be there.

She ignored the fact my mouth was burning and offered another sandwich.
The manager brought the replacement sandwich and when I explained the pain and the green stuff in the sandwich, he stated well, it is supposed to be a LITTLE spicy.

He did not want to hear that I had had the sandwich many times before without a problem. His tone was flippant and he totally ignored the fact I was in pain. He did take the meal off the bill even though we never requested it.

I went to the bathroom and my tongue was red and beginning to swell. It is now two hours later and my tongue is still red and swollen.

I want to call corporate but they do not have a phone number on their website. All contact has to be made via e-mail.

The other two people at my table had the same sandwich and theirs was not spicy. One did have a piece of chicken in her prime rib sandwich so obviously the kitchen is mixing things up.

• Visited December 2013