“pretty good buffet”

Cuisines: Chinese
anderson, SC
“pretty good buffet”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I traveled from anderson to eat here. My daughter said she loved it. they had a couple of hot bars, a salad bar and a dessert bar. the one thing that stood out for me was the bbq ribs, they were cooked just right and also had alot of meat on them. I would have liked the fried chicken to have been more crispier. the vegetables were tasty. I would say the only downfall would be the dessert bar. it was nothing homemade but the peach cobbler but my husband and I were full by the time we got to it. the service was right on, our waitress never let our tea get half empty and removed the dishes as soon as we finished.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank donnaann

Clermont, Florida
“Good food inexpensive variety”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a mid size buffet with lots of variety. Good food, inexpensive in price and they always have a variety of food. Changes daily and in evening!
Highly recommend

1 Thank Jmmbob
“Surprisingly good, in expensively priced country grub.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My grandmother wanted me to take her here. She had been a few weeks earlier with her senior group from church. I was highly doubtful of the quality but wanted to make Granny happy. Lol. I could not have been more surprised! The fried green tomatoes were just as good as what I've paid $12 or more for in a Charleston restaurant. The fried fish was good and so were all of the veggies. The Mac and cheese was fresh and made just the way granny herself used to make it! The only downsides were a less than appealing salad bar and a poor dessert bar. Many dessert choices. Just no good ones. All the desserts were dry or tasted boxed and day old. However, if you are looking for a hidden gem with great home cooking then this is the place! Just don't come for the desserts or salads! And since this is a former Chinese restaurant which has been only partially renovated, don't go for the decor either.

2 Thank Bfergie
Simpsonville, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average At Best”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

An unsuccessful Chinese buffet that decided to go American (Southern). The lack of cleaniness was disheartening. The mismatched chairs, rips in booths, dirty carpets, make you question the food preparation. I didn't care for the food either, but my husband loves this place and over looks the cleaniness issues for the taste of the black eye peas. If you get a drink to go, they charge you .50 cents. Not my favorite, but give it a try; you may be like my husband.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Kathy B
Greenville, South Carolina
“Buffet offers delicious variety!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

As we turned off Woodruff Road and entered the parking lot of the Green Tomato Buffet, we gladly saw a big parking lot with plenty of parking spaces. Finding a place to park here was one less hassle for us. Once we made our way inside, friendly staff escorted us to a table fairly quickly. We found the buffet appealing and appetizing. A diverse selection of foods were available including potato salad, chicken salad, crab salad, cucumber salad, fried rice, turnip greens, chili and beans, turkey and dressing, beef tips, shrimp, baked chicken, and macaroni, which suited our diverse tastes! Best of all was the Green Tomato's standout menu item, the fried green tomatoes, which were crunchy, tender, and tasty.

• Visited April 2012