“Won't Disappoint!!! Larkin's knows how to grille a steak!!!”

Larkin's On The River
Reserve with OpenTable
Larkin's On The River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 958 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broad & Main
Description: Larkin's on the River is an award-winning restaurant serving premium cut steaks, fresh seafood, and fine wines. Every menu item is created with the freshest ingredients and served with a creative flair. Larkin's on the River at the Peace Center for the performing arts, is situated in the heart of downtown Greenville, along the banks of the Reedy River, in the old Gower Coach Factory. This is the only building remaining of the original eleven dating back to Civil War. With beautiful preserved exposed brick walls and open ceilings, the history of the building serves as the perfect backdrop to the modern and hip atmosphere Larkin's on the River offers. Serving Lunch Monday - Saturday 11:30 - 2pm Brunch on Sunday 11 - 2pm Dinner Monday - Saturday 5 - 10pm Sunday 5 - 9pm
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I've eaten here three times now and it gets better each time. I was in town for a concert and made 5:30 reservations. It's great to sit outside in the spring/summer but was too cold for South Carolina the day after Thanksgiving. I had the "special", a bone in 14 ounce blackened NY Strip w/ a strawberry demi-glaze & cheese mashed potatoes and Brussels sprout hash. The steak was cooked perfectly medium with a bright red, but not raw, center. French Onion Soup was good but more soup than cheese and bread. My date had a big mixed greens salad she said was great and a filet oscar style with broccoli. Prepared medium rare, she said it got better the more she got into it. By the end, she said it was one of the best steaks she could remember. We spilt the bread pudding and thought it was very good and not too over the top. Steaks were in the $40-$45 range so it is on the pricey side but for special occasions or a good meal while visiting, I can't see anything topping Larkin's in downtown Greenville.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We were visiting with friends who took us to Larkin's. After looking over the menu, we all decided to order their signature meal. You get your choice of appetizer, main entree and dessert for a set price. Drinks are not included. I had beef - cooked just the way I like it. The serviced was attentive. All in all a very enjoyable meal.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We dined at Larkins on the River with friends we had met in Scotland on a barge cruise through the Highlands. They picked us up at the Greenville airport, gave us a delightful tour of downtown Greenville and then treated us to an excellent dinner at on of the finer restaurants in the city. The location and atmosphere were wonderful. The cocktails were a great start to the evening followed by some delicious oysters on the half shell and a scallop special. We all enjoyed our entrees, which ranged from salmon, pork and filet that was fabulous. Nothing beats a great meal with wonderful friends. My only regret is we don't have a restaurant like this in our hometown! They have an excellent wine list and I would be remiss if I did not mention the fine service...friendly and professional all the way! I highly recommend Larkins on the River.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This is a great restaurant located on the river and near the Peace Center in Greenville. The food,service and atmosphere were all great.I will definitely return to this fine restaurant

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Someone thoroughly thought this through in terms of location. Larkin's sits beside the Wyche Pavilion at the Peace Center, all of which are located on the Reedy River. Not only do they have outdoor seating, but they also cater events at the Pavilion. How convenient is that?! Don't let the elegant ambiance and white tablecloths scare you away from trying this fine restaurant. If you get there in time for lunch, the prices are very reasonable. My husband and I enjoyed a lunch combo, including the crab soup which is what they're known for. They're also known for having the best steaks in town and they offer an amazing ribeye special for lunch. To get the full experience, I recommend eating outside on the terrace. Although they have heaters, we didn't need them. We were blessed with 70 degree temps on a sunny November afternoon. It was the right choice after a morning hike through Falls Park. The food was so good, we immediately started planning another trip back. Add this one to your bucket list!