“Lunch was great”

Larkin's On The River
Reserve with OpenTable
Larkin's On The River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 958 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broad & Main
Description: Larkin's on the River is an award-winning restaurant serving premium cut steaks, fresh seafood, and fine wines. Every menu item is created with the freshest ingredients and served with a creative flair. Larkin's on the River at the Peace Center for the performing arts, is situated in the heart of downtown Greenville, along the banks of the Reedy River, in the old Gower Coach Factory. This is the only building remaining of the original eleven dating back to Civil War. With beautiful preserved exposed brick walls and open ceilings, the history of the building serves as the perfect backdrop to the modern and hip atmosphere Larkin's on the River offers. Serving Lunch Monday - Saturday 11:30 - 2pm Brunch on Sunday 11 - 2pm Dinner Monday - Saturday 5 - 10pm Sunday 5 - 9pm
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We ate lunch there and it was very good. You can eat outside and enjoy the scenery or inside is just as nice.

Bruce W, General Manager at Larkin's On The River, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

We agree that the view from our patio is unmatched and if you want the most romantic setting in Greenville, ask for an inside booth.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Met several friends for lunch to celebrate a birthday and everyone was very happy with their meal which included shrimp & grits, a hamburger with bacon (which my sister said was the best she had ever had), a very tasty grilled veggie sandwich along with their famous truffle fries, YUM! Only complaint was my other sister's omelette in which the ham had too much fat on it. My friend with the birthday received a free dessert of her choice, which was a lovely piece of chocolate cake with a candle on it! Beautiful decor, clean and very elegant restroom, excellent service!

We love to celebrate with our guests but you don't have to wait for a birthday to come back and see us again!

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The location is to-die-for! Sitting under the covered dining area with a terrific view of Greenville's recently completed river walk area was divine despite the muggy, overcast and fickle weather. Brunch buffet was on the menu which thrilled my husband. A crab cake for our picky son was a hit even if it paled in comparison to a genuine Maryland crabcake (think G&M's or Timbuktu). I had the Larkin's eggs benedict that include filet mignon. My bloody mary was outstanding. William was our server and was fun to chat with as a expat from the north - which we are hoping to be in a few years. I would recommend!

We hope you choose Greenville when you make the move south and then we can take care of you on a regular basis!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

One thing I expect when I dine out is the food to be better than what I can make at home. I am a fairly good cook but not an expert by any means. I expect the food to have flavor! The menu here is very average in terms of creativity and seems to be aimed at the average person who may not dine out except for special occasions. I had a sea bass over spinach with a very few dribbles of sauce that was not enough to impart any flavor. The spinach was raw and should have been at least wilted if not cooked. The wine list is more than adequate and the outside doing area is nice.

1  Thank mdcdr60

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. It is through customer feedback that we continue to improve.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Service attentive and no issues. She Crab soup was outstanding. Great Oysters Rockefeller. One of the best steaks I've had in a long time. The 9 oz fillet with blue cheese cooked medium rare. Melt in your mouth good. Vegetable sides all good. Only weak point for me was the dessert menu. Nothing really stands out. My expectations were made to expect more after experiencing my previous choices.I did have creme brulee, which was good, but I wanted something more exciting. I'm a dessert guy. Be aware pricing is not for the faint of heart, but the meal will not let you down. Don't miss out on one of the best restaurants Greenville has to offer.

Bruce W, General Manager at Larkin's On The River, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

We are happy that you enjoyed your service and your dinner. We are always looking to update our menu with exciting seasonal items. We look forward to your next visit so you can see what we have added to our dessert menu!