“Delightful”

Larkin's On The River
Reserve with OpenTable
Larkin's On The River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 899 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broad & Main
Description: Larkin's on the River is an award-winning restaurant serving premium cut steaks, fresh seafood, and fine wines. Every menu item is created with the freshest ingredients and served with a creative flair. Larkin's on the River at the Peace Center for the performing arts, is situated in the heart of downtown Greenville, along the banks of the Reedy River, in the old Gower Coach Factory. This is the only building remaining of the original eleven dating back to Civil War. With beautiful preserved exposed brick walls and open ceilings, the history of the building serves as the perfect backdrop to the modern and hip atmosphere Larkin's on the River offers. Serving Lunch Monday - Saturday 11:30 - 2pm Brunch on Sunday 11 - 2pm Dinner Monday - Saturday 5 - 10pm Sunday 5 - 9pm
Baltimore, Maryland
“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The location is to-die-for! Sitting under the covered dining area with a terrific view of Greenville's recently completed river walk area was divine despite the muggy, overcast and fickle weather. Brunch buffet was on the menu which thrilled my husband. A crab cake for our picky son was a hit even if it paled in comparison to a genuine Maryland crabcake (think G&M's or Timbuktu). I had the Larkin's eggs benedict that include filet mignon. My bloody mary was outstanding. William was our server and was fun to chat with as a expat from the north - which we are hoping to be in a few years. I would recommend!

• Visited July 2013
Bruce W, General Manager at Larkin's On The River, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
We hope you choose Greenville when you make the move south and then we can take care of you on a regular basis!

South Carolina
“Very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

One thing I expect when I dine out is the food to be better than what I can make at home. I am a fairly good cook but not an expert by any means. I expect the food to have flavor! The menu here is very average in terms of creativity and seems to be aimed at the average person who may not dine out except for special occasions. I had a sea bass over spinach with a very few dribbles of sauce that was not enough to impart any flavor. The spinach was raw and should have been at least wilted if not cooked. The wine list is more than adequate and the outside doing area is nice.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mdcdr60
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. It is through customer feedback that we continue to improve.
Greer, South Carolina
“Great Meal from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Service attentive and no issues. She Crab soup was outstanding. Great Oysters Rockefeller. One of the best steaks I've had in a long time. The 9 oz fillet with blue cheese cooked medium rare. Melt in your mouth good. Vegetable sides all good. Only weak point for me was the dessert menu. Nothing really stands out. My expectations were made to expect more after experiencing my previous choices.I did have creme brulee, which was good, but I wanted something more exciting. I'm a dessert guy. Be aware pricing is not for the faint of heart, but the meal will not let you down. Don't miss out on one of the best restaurants Greenville has to offer.

• Visited June 2013
Bruce W, General Manager at Larkin's On The River, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We are happy that you enjoyed your service and your dinner. We are always looking to update our menu with exciting seasonal items. We look forward to your next visit so you can see what we have added to our dessert menu!
Mount Prospect, Illinois
“Nice location, food just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Ate outdoors for lunch, nice location. Serivce was only so-so and the upgraded parmesan fries came out cold. They replaced them but overall I was not impressed.

• Visited June 2013
Bobmunnich, Managing Partner at Larkin's On The River, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing from all of our guests. We will look into your concerns and are constantly improving. Let us know what you think after your next visit!
Greenville, South Carolina
“Wonderful Setting...Food and Service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Attended an event at Larkin's. The service was excellent, the food very good and the outdoor setting is beautiful. Definitely a wonderful experience.j

• Visited June 2013
Bruce W, General Manager at Larkin's On The River, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
We love to throw a party! Larkin's Catering and Events is a master at hosting events at our place or yours. We are glad you had a great time!