“Impeccable service and the food is Divine!”

Lieu's Chinese Bistro
Ranked #54 of 930 Restaurants in Greenville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I took my husband out for his birthday dinner to a restaurant we had not tried before. He said, "Let's try Lieu's." and so we drove an hour to have our meal. Since moving to the South, it has been difficult to find even decent Chinese food and we were absolutely floored with the meal we had at Lieu's tonight. We started out with Salt and Pepper Calamari, light, crisp, wonderful and we'll be back for more of this delicacy. I love calamari, but this is the first time I ate any that was this light. We also sampled the Hot and Sour soup. GOOD SOUP!!!! Our main entree was the Peking Chicken, lightly breaded, golden in color, very very tasty!! Not spicy enough to suit us and we have out we can order it spicy, very spicy and then in graduates of spicy up to 5!! Oh yeah!!! We'll be trying this again about a 4 or so!! If you love well cooked food in a very pleasant atmosphere ... you need to visit this gem of a restaurant. But enough of the wonderful food ... let me tell you about the service ... IMPECCABLE! Our server, Zach, was polite, professional and friendly. He anticipated our needs, gave us plenty of time to peruse the menu and served our food HOT and FRESH!! He also explained about being able to order a spicier meal when I mentioned that it didn't have the heat levels I was anticipating. This was an excellent experience for my husband and me, we'll be back. Hope to see you there too!!

There are newer reviews for Lieu's Chinese Bistro

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Usually get take out although have enjoyed meal there as well. Everything is fresh and cooked as ordered. Love spicy house mustard... a little touch will do you. Hostesses always friendly. Usually Francis at front greeting folks, the frequent even by name.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Sat in the bar. Had the vegetable wontons. Delicate and tasty. For my main course Singapore Noodles. Combo minus the shrimp. Came as ordered. All white meat chicken and nice tender properly butchered beef. My only change would be to ask for more curry when spicing the dish. I'd order it again. The bar tender was very attentive to all his customers.
I would and will dine at this restaurant in the future.

1  Thank esketores
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Met some old friends for dinner on a weekday night. Service was great, food was ok. Had a vegetarian dish - tofu with bok choy and mushrooms. Tasty and had enough to take back to the hotel for another meal. White wine I ord'd was so-so, but then I guess Chinese restaurants are not known for their wine! Friends seemed satisfied with their dishes. Seated us in a "quieter" room so that we could have a conversation, which was appreciated.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My daughter and I visited Lieu's Chinese Bistro on 5/27/14. We requested a healthier version of Mu Shoo Pork and they were very accommodating. We opted for lettuce wraps instead of the usual pancakes. And we split one dinner-sized portion instead of two. It was enough food for both and very filling. The waitress was aware of our needs and checked back with water refills without us having to ask. I would definitely look forward to returning when we are back in South Carolina.

1  Thank Retha S