“Caliente!!”
Review of El Molcajete

El Molcajete
Ranked #431 of 934 Restaurants in Greenville
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We've been going to this restaurant since it has been open and we love it every time we go! Friendly staff and very good food. Try the chicken soup and fish tacos with salsa verde! yum yum yum! The last time we went which was 5/20/13 we had a party of five and the lovely waitress remember the whole order without writing anything down. Everything came just how we ordered and in a timely manner. The bill was around $40 which included food for five and two margaritas. The only thing I can say that might need a little help is that the floor is slick so they are probably using the wrong floor cleaner.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Soooooo good. always wonderful service and food! I love the Pollo fundido! Simply the best. I love this restaurant. Best mexican on this side of town!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

From the staff, to the ambiance, to the food - everything here is as average as it can get. I had the Super Fajita plate for lunch. I do have to say this, there was more food than I could eat. VERY generous portion. It could have been a dinner portion. Other than that, it was nothing more than what I've had at a hundred other Mexican chains.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I recently went to this restaurant for dinner while staying in Greenville for vacation. We drove around looking for Mexican cuisine close to our hotel and found this restaurant in a strip mall. I liked their chips and salsa and we ordered guacamole as well, also good. For one appetizer, 2 entrees, 1 alcoholic beverage, and 1 non-alcoholic beverage the bill was less than $21. We found that very affordable. I got a platter with 4 different kinds of chimichangas. I thought the food a little salty, but still tasted great. The atmosphere could be improved by the lighting. It was much too bright. A harsh florescent bulb hung over every table in addition to florescent ceiling lights. I ordered a ginger ale, but received some sort of clear soda that didn't taste like 7-up, or Sprite, or Sierra Mist. Oh well. Overall I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

If you've been to enough Mexican restaurants in Greenville, you know there are a number which are lookalikes. I would name names, but either you know it or you don't.

In any case, Molcajete fits right in with a fairly standard menu/atmosphere in that group.

However, after eating at Molcajete, I would not select any of the other restaurants in that group, even though it is a relative newcomer to the area.

Their service is fast, their food is great, and the bill is just about right. I tend to get the Quesadilla Mexicana.

You can rely on warm chips and salsa as an appetizer. Everything else I've had [lunch specials] have been served at the right temperature and with quality that easily exceeds that of the lookalikes.

The staff is very courteous and you can judge from the filled parking lot that I am not alone in preferring this place to others like it.

And by like it, i am not talking about: Papas and Beer, Tortilla Maria, Taco Casa, Don Pablos.