“Good Food Great Value”
Review of Smoke On The Water

Smoke On The Water
Ranked #9 of 949 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My favorite is the Beef Brisket with squash casserole. The brisket is alway done to perfection along with all the vegetables on the menu everyone can find something for their taste. I have always had a very good experience at Smoke very attentive service and a never empty glass or cup. I recommend this restaurant to many of the people who i see during my working days and have never had one come back with anything but a great experience. The location is really near everything in downtown Greenville, walking distance to hotels and entertainment venues. Falls park area is near.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,397)

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were there with a large group, 16 plus. We were seated quickly, service was great, food very good for this type of restaurant.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I realize that Smoke on the Water is much more than a lunch place, but I love to eat lunch there! After a short wait (Saturday at 2:30 pm, a busy place) we were seated in the bar area which is just fine by us, although on a great sunny day, their outside patio dining is great. We ordered our favorites, Pulled Pork Plate and I had their Smokehouse Burger. Smoke on the Water grinds their meat daily for their burgers and it's obvious when you take that very first bite. The flavors of this burger are what you expect from a really great burger and in my opinion, it's one of the best, if not the best burger in Greenville. Oh, by the way, the Pulled Pork is still fantastic and the overall wait staff service on this very busy Saturday afternoon was attentive and fast.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Very nice BBQ restaurant in an upscale tavern setting. Located just a block or two away from Falls Park on the Reedy, the Peace Center and Fluor Field. Plenty of outdoor seating for nice weather. Offers traditional BBQ dishes at very reasonable prices, but also crab cakes, Ahi Tuna, Rib Eye, catfish, oysters and fried green tomatoes. We visited at 6 pm after the Sunday matinee at the Warehouse Theatre. Were seated within minutes which is good for this very popular restaurant. She had a combo platter of chicken with ribs and slaw and yummy potato salad. I had a delicious grilled 12 oz pork chop, cooked just right, on top of cornbread stuffing with chutney. Slaw and thinly sliced, lightly breaded onion rings were the sides. Dishes are served with four different types of BBQ sauce - something for every taste. Nice craft beer selection. I had a Sweetwater 420 from the tap. Call ahead seating available

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Be sure and go before you are actually hungry. The wait was about an hour. The atmosphere was very loud, but it was a bbq place. The food was very good with nice portion sizes. A dinner for one fed two very nicely. Will definitely return on another trip.