“They finally got the greens right”
Review of Smoke On The Water

Smoke On The Water
Ranked #11 of 927 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Greenville, South Carolina
“They finally got the greens right”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My sister chose Smoke to celebrate her 50th birthday. Of several appetizers, entrees and desserts , everything was good. The prime rib melted in my mouth. And, they finally stopped chopping the greens to death and got 'em right. Dessert was heaven.

My only complaint... Buy some buzzers and stop asking for everyone's cell phone. Or, better yet, take reservations and join Open Table!

Visited October 2013

Aiken
“Great place, good food”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I probably didn't order the best the restaurant had to offer but it was good. We sat outside by the River and it was a happy place. Lots of night time buzz and pretty lights. Brunswick stew was just alright, but my standards are high for this stew. My husband said his grilled salmon was good. I ordered all veggies and have to say the creamed spinach and the bowl of greens I would do again. I sampled someone's ribs and they were good, so definitely I'd love to go back again sometime and try their specialties.

• Visited October 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Lovely atmosphere, delicious food.”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Was brought here by friends who live in Greenville, and firstly have to say how much I loved the atmosphere in The evening. There were sparkly street lights, a real lovely buzz about the place, and it made me slightly disappointed I only spent one evening here on our trip. The waitress couldn't do enough for us, was so friendly and helpful, and I had the beef with some roasted veg and it was really tasty, absolutely huge but felt weirdly balanced as it was nicely grilled rather than fried.
Was very busy so if you wanted more of an intimate Saturday night meal this may not be the place but it felt like going here you got the real vibe of what Greenville was like as a place. Would really recommend.

• Visited October 2013
Washington, DC
“The place for pork!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

If you are in the mood for barbecue, smoke on the water is the place. The pork and ribs are excellent. Outside seating is available and adds to the experience. We have been several times, with large groups and small, and the service is consistently excellent.

• Visited August 2013
Simpsonville,SC
“Where we take our out of town guest to”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'll keep it short and sweet. Downtown Greenville has so much to offer in food, entertainment, shopping and site seeing. Smoke on the Water is one of our favorite restaurants to go to especially when we have guest in town. The experience is always great. A few selections we tend to get are of course the pulled pork and the beer butt chicken. You want be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013