“Everything was very good.”
Review of Smoke On The Water

Smoke On The Water
Ranked #32 of 967 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stopped here while in town for a few days. This place was on my list of restaurants/bars to visit and I'm glad we made it. The food was good as was the local beers. Waiter was very nice. Service was a little slow but your in Dixie for crying out loud. Pimento burger was good.

1  Thank PaGerman
Write a ReviewReviews (1,438)

Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband and I went to Smoke on Water for lunch on 7/17/11. Let me first say that we have dined there several times and have experienced slow service but very kind servers as well as friendly manager that seemed concerned about satisfaction of patrons. Unfortunate, there seems to be a new manager on staff that can care less about repent customers. We arrived & were seated at 1:10pm. The restaurant was not full. There were 3 tables seated after us. The first seated patrons received their entrees & finished them before we received cornbread. Our food arrived at 1:45pm. Please note during this entire time our server had not checked on our table other than to bring the cornbread 3 mins before bringing our entrees which consisted of the day's special & I had blacken salmon. A second set of tables (2) were seated at this time as well. My husband entree was fine, to my disappointment the underside of my salmon was burned to a black crisp. After a few attempts to get the server's attention, he finally acknowledged my trying to get his attention. When I pointed out the problem with my entree, he stated, "you ordered blacken salmon.". Well there is certainly a difference between blacken and burned. In fact, blacken is a seasoning and not a charbroil burned to a hard crisp on the underside. After an exchange of informing the server between blacken & burn food, he reluctantly removed plate. 20 minutes later, my husband is trying not to finish his food, a 3rd set of tables (3) were being seated & actually ordered and I still did not have my food. I finally asked to see manager. The manager arrived with my entree in hand and to my complaint, he stated that it takes a little longer to prepare blacken salmon and he nor the server apologized for me having to wait an entire hour to get my entree. I will NEVER spend time, money and good energy at this establishment again! There are other great restaurants downtown, spend your money elsewhere, where your business will be appreciated.

1  Thank Loveinfinity
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Smoke is an upscale BBQ restaurant and we made the mistake of ordering as appetizers a dozen fried oysters, fried green tomatoes. Neither was cooked. The oysters were raw inside of the crispy batter and the tomatoes were too. So much so that you couldn't cut them with the table knife. When we didn't order anything else and asked for a check with 9 of the 12 oysters and 4 of the 6 fried green tomatoes uneaten and still on the platter the waitress didn't ask if we wanted them packed to take home... Guess she knew without us saying a word we'd made a poor menu choice. When we told her they were raw she didn't even say "sorry."

Our first time to Smoke and we probably will never return. There are too many good restaurants within a four block radius from their front door.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

We had read all the good reviews and decided to give it a try and it was worth it. We ordered the fried green tomatoes for an appetizer and they were good. i had the ribs and they were fall of the bone good, My partner got the brisket and pulled pork, and the pulled pork was so good it didnt even need sauce. The mac and cheese was amazing as well. It was all really good, however our only complaint would be is that they pretty much brought all of our food out at once. I understand their busy and they kinda want to move along, but I would like at least a lil while between appetizer,salad and entree. The portions were big and filling, so will probably leave out the appetizer next time, otherwise the food is great.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

I loved it! Tons of food for the price with the sampler platter. Only complaint was the pulled pork was barely warm. My wife said her ribs were the best she ever had. Sides were all excellent especially the Mac and cheese!