“Exceptional Cocktails”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: O'Neal St.
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We started out with a diverse choice of various cocktails among our group. All were excellent and the best part of the evening. Exceptional service in every way! Starters were Charcuterie and various recommended cheeses to share at our table. This was enjoyed by all. Several of us had the grilled romaine salad that was rather tasty but not superb. I had the mussels appetizer as my entree and a bit disappointed that the mussels were very small. Others in our group had the rabbit, (fair) the braised beef tongue (raved about this), and a triggerfish entree that was fair as well. Over all, this place is very over priced! Have been to exceptional places all over NYC and these prices are far more expensive.

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Excellent and imaginative cocktails and extensive whiskey/bourbon choices. The food was spectacular in taste and presentation.....however, the service could have been much better. Took too long to be noticed though the restaurant was half full. Then long waits and the wine was served as the meal was almost finished. This could be easily fixed and this establishment would be 5 star

Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife and I were graciously met at the front door by the hostess who seated us in the front dining area in the window...we thought we had a great table until a table of three were seated right next to us (tables are very close, particularly the 'tables for 2' so don't expect a quite, intimate meal) and their loud cell phone conversations started...not just once, but twice within their first 10 minutes of being seated so we immediately asked to be reseated. The wait staff was very attentive and apologetic and we assured them it was not their fault for their customers rudeness. Again, the tables are very close so expect to get to know the individuals at the tables to your left and right unless you're lucky enough to get one of the few 'tables for 4'. The food was pretty good. My salt crusted ribeye steak was not as flavorful as I expected and a bit chewy, while my wife had the rabbit confit which she said was delicious. I'm undecided if I will return.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was our second time eating at American Grocery. We like the atmosphere and the food but both times it has taken literally 20-30 minutes to get a drink. They have a large specialty cocktail menu which is great and creative but if it takes this long to get served then either hire another bartender or get rid of the specialty drinks. I arrived after my husband the other night, he was sitting at the bar waiting for me. The bartender did not turn around and acknowledge my presence for 15 min and then when he did look at me he never even asked if I'd like something. The others at the bar had had similar experiences all night. We eventually sat at our table and had good service and excellent food. If they can fix their bar situation this place would be on the top of our list. When you are paying prices like this you expect the whole package.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This restaurant occupies that unique niche in a highly competitive restaurant market in Greenville. It's a place for that special occasion; an anniversary, to impress a business associate. The ambiance is warm, the service immaculate. The menu is unique, blending locally sourced vegetables with game and fresh fish. The desserts are amazing! AGR is high-end, but is well worth the money.