“Wonderful!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: O'Neal St.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dined here recently and it was outstanding all around. The food was fabulous. I had the trout and it was perfect! My husband ordered the rib eye and said it was fantastic. The wine offerings were great and our server was great at describing the dishes and suggesting wines. A great meal... we will definitely go back!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Visited American Grocery during Foodie Fest Week in Greenville. This restaurant is an anchor for Greenville' West End district. Food was outstanding particularly the trout with a succotash compliment. The grit cake was unbelievable. All local stuff. Some restaurants say this; American Grocery delivers on it. The portions were smaller for Foodie week but very satisfactory. Service at the table was quick. Very knowledgable wait staff. Service at the bar was slow. Seating available along the windows near at the front of the restaurant.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

American Grocery is one of a kind. Nothing comes close in Greenville. When my husband and I dine there we feel transformed. I personally crave certain dishes that only chef Joe can make and only Darlene can perfectly pair with wine. Drinks are amazing especially if you go for original inventions. I can not say enough about how wonderful staff is. All of them are very knowledgeable and are a big AGR family.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is our third visit to this amazing restaurant. The first visit was wonderful, the second, less than, but we wanted a third try and now we are certain that The American Grocery is the best restaurant in Greenville and maybe the state!
We believe the season is the key to this restaurant's excellence. We dined at the much acclaimed Fig Restaurant in Charleston two weeks ago and it paled in comparison to The American Grocery.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Fabulous! Coming from Charleston, SC, I am a bit of a food snob. This restaurant is exceptional. At the restaurant I noticed the attention to detail, a delicious menu, and Southern hospitality. I am shocked this restaurant is not in the top 10 for Greenville. I dined here on Saturday evening, August 3rd, during a busy evening. I was greeted by a very cheery team of culinary professionals. Prompt, yet, unhurried service was paced correctly. The food was amazing! I chose the chefs menu with the wine pairings...WOW! 4 courses....goat cheese salad with watermelon and tomatoes, trout, beef tongue, and a fruit cobbler. The wine matched the plates perfectly.
This is a true southern gem. I love the strong effort to focus on local ingredients. I will be back again and again.