“Good food but pricey!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

After being called off work unexpectedly my husband and Idecided to go out to dinner. We live off N. Main St. And I have been eager to try The Bohemian. My husband has dropped in for a drink several times after browsing the record store, so we figured why not give it a shot? It's two blocks away! I was pleasantly surprised by the sophisticated atmosphere, since I was expecting a bohemian/hippie style place. The service was flawless. Our only complaint was that we were hungry, but since I am a server, and my husband is a chief we understand that food doesn't appear immediately! We had the appetizer sampler for two,which consisted of: two pieces of bruschetta, two prosciutto wrapped prawns (to die for!), a lamb pastry (also delicious) and something consisting sausage. I also ordered a caprese salad, it was very refreshing. All in all we had a very pleasant dinner experience, but we weren't full. I had a sweet tooth, so we ordered desert: key lime pie, and peanut butter cheesecake (my husband is still talking about it). After dessert my husband went to the record store and I waited on the check. I must also mention that I had a glass of wine, and he had two beers and two shots of vodka. When I got the check I was shocked to see that our bill was $68! Being restaurant people my husband and I both agree, good food but not worth the price!

1  Thank Prettynpink84

Reviewed May 28, 2013

It had been a while since we visited the Bohemian restaurant, so had no expectations other than if it was the same as last time we 'd be okay. Indeed we were ! Food : excellent, Beverage: nice but pricey winelist, need a few lower tier wines, this is not a white tablecloth restaurant....Service: professional, helpful ,good and knowledgeble. Portions are huge, very good value for the moderately priced menu. We recommend it!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I saw a friend's tweet about going to The Bohemian and I was in the mood for some kind of brunch. I didn't have to wait to be seated and the staff was friendly.

The brunch menu was, well, different - but a good kind. Not knowing what to try, it was suggested that the Taos Breakfast Burrito. It was packed full of stuff and came with a side of grits. The grits had cooled down by the time I was served, but they were pretty good otherwise. got them, As the Bohemian was a quirky place, I had expected some kind of uniquely flavored breakfast burrito. It tasted good, but fairly usual. The mimosa really did hit the spot. All-in-all, it was okay. I'll come back and see how well they do dinner.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Took relatives there from overseas, nice lunch menu, reasonably priced and good service and food! The burger with Pimento Cheese is my favorite.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Went for the first time on a Friday night. Very crowded. Saw the channel 4 news team which was unusual to see them in real life. Had the Cuban sandwhich. Very good. Service was top notch. You should try it out.