“I want them to be good soooo bad...”
Review of Blue Ridge Brewing Co - CLOSED

Blue Ridge Brewing Co
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Blue Ridge Brewing Co. is an established restaurant and brewery, offering 20 years of experience brewing only the finest of home brews and cooking an extraordinary array of unique dishes. Please, stop on by!
Greenville, South Carolina
“I want them to be good soooo bad...”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love beer. More specifically I love craft beer and the growth of the craft beer and brew pub industry. I think it has reached close to its peak, and now we will see more of the most successful keep going while some of the dabbler's fizzle out.

I want this place to be good and stay in the business for a number of reasons. It's a fun location (downtown Greenville), its a gorgeous looking brew pub with the vision of the mashing and fermentation tuns, and brick walls that really play into the downtown decor.

Food is usually pretty good. Not too expensive, and a good selection of appetizers and sandwiches. My friends visited from Ohio over the weekend, and we took them there on the 4th of July. I have been there nearly 5 or 6 times since I moved here a year ago, and the biggest complaint is that they usually have 1 of their beers out. Nearly every "unlucky" time I'm there one of their beers is out. I go there for the beer....so when one is out it's like going to McDonalds and them not serving Fries.

I've eaten their Ruben, the Pulled Pork BBQ, and some fish tacos. I've also tried their calamari. I can't say that I have been disappointed in their food. But missing beer on occasion took them from a 4 rating to a 3.

If they listened to a small guy like me I would say three things in regards to their business because the competition is fierce these days in your target group.
1.) Develop and strengthen your brand. In this beer market and economy (one of the few profitable industries) it is important for people to know-believe-and-like what you are.
2.) Make more beer for your draft selection, and/or bottle it and have extras as back ups. I don't mind 4 flagship beers and 2 specialties/seasonals, but if you are out of any of them 60-70% of the time something needs to be on the back up plan.
3.) I'll stop at two.

• Visited July 2013

Kansas City, MO
“Good brewed beer with quality food”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I travel a lot and my favorite places for dinner are brewpubs. The beer tends to be good as does the food.

I visited this place about 4 years ago for the first time and thought enjoyed it. This time the beer was just as good as I remembered and the food was better.

I was a little disappointed some of the beers were out but that is what happened when limited qualities of quality beer is made.

• Visited April 2013
Latham, New York
“Great!!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had the best burger ever. My wife had a salmon salad.Home made dressings and condiments. Their beer should be tested. You won't be disappointed.

Visited May 2013
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Surprisingly good steak !!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Went with a large group as part of a business meeting. I am an avid beer drinker, but for some reason could not find any of their offerings on that night that hit the mark. Fortunately they have a good variety of bottled beers that sufficed. The big surprise was the food. I would not normally order a rib-eye at a brew pub, but I was hungry and at the suggestion of the server, I went for it. The steak was perfectly prepared, seasoned exactly to my taste, and was very tender. Right on the money !! Great service matched the great food.

• Visited May 2013
Concord, NC
“Good little brew pub.”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stopped in to sample their beer on a Saturday afternoon. I had the ESB and was impressed with the complexity and finish. My wife had the Hefeweizen and was equally impressed. We also had the fried mushrooms. They batter them (ale batter) on site and serve them with their own horseradish sauce and a marinara sauce. We liked to dip them in their homemade mustard, too. We would go back and try a flight of all of their beers the next time. If you like locally brewed beers and appreciate trying new places, this is the place.

• Visited April 2013