“Not impressed at all”
Review of Chophouse 47

Chophouse 47
Reserve with OpenTable
Chophouse 47 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 930 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pelham Road
Description: Winner of Wine Spectator’s acclaimed “Award of Excellence”, 10best “Top Restaurant” and OpenTable diners’ choice; Chophouse '47 has created a bustling, New York-style steakhouse experience. The menu features expertly broiled USDA prime aged beef, live Maine lobster and colossal shrimp cocktail; for dessert, share a gigantic table sized chocolate cake. Chophouse ’47 offers an extensive- well priced wine list, private event spaces, seating for large parties and seasonal patio dining.
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

We were disappointed with this restaurant. The prices are exorbitant, the food is not that great (greasy) and the service lacks class (what's up with the server coming to our table every 5 minutes to fold used napkins again and again?)

CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at Chophouse 47, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your experience. I'm sorry to hear we didn't "wow" you. Our pricing ranges from USDA prime to choice, all fresh, never frozen... the best you can buy. As for our napkin service, our servers fold only when exiting the table but you can certainly tell them in the future you wish to not receive this treatment. Thank you again.

There are newer reviews for Chophouse 47

Reviewed December 15, 2013

My husband and I went for a long overdue night out. I had never been to this restaurant before, but my husband has had business dinners there. He made the appointment for 6:15. We arrived around that time and were promptly seated.
The restaurant was quite busy. We ordered our martinis, mine being raspberry lemonade martini. Sooo good. I am not much of a drinker, but I could drink this one again and again. Though I only had one.
We ordered the rockefeller oysters for appetizer. It was delicious. For entrees, I had the smaller petit mignon, caesar salad and cheese mashed potatoes. Piping hot and delicious. The fillet mignon was a generous size, could not finish it. The sides, including the salad are big enough for two and then some. I recommend sharing sides.
I have to say, the food and the experience was outstanding. Chophouse 47 wouldn't be my first choice on weekly basis, mainly due to the cost, but for a special date night, or a celebration, it will be my first choice.
The only thing I did not like was the bread. Didn't seem fresh or appetizing.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

The best place I have eaten since we arrived in SC five years ago. Awesome staff, steaks cooked to perfection and I live their oyster shooters. We will definitely be back when or budget allows.

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I took my wife here for her birthday and we had an excellent meal. Our server was very attentive as we were seated right after a large party and he kindly asked if we could give him a moment. Our food was delicious. I had the sea bass and my wife had the ribeye. I just wish we could afford to eat here everyday. After dinner we grabbed a cocktail in the bar and they had a fun group watching a football game. We will have to find another occasion to go back very soon.

1  Thank Wilhoit23
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Chophouse '47 is an elegant, upscale restaurant. The steaks are cooked Pittsburgh style and as juicy as they can be. Cheese mashed potatoes are not regular mashed potatoes, they are made a certain way that makes them taste better than anywhere else. Waitstaff is very attentive and will bend over backwards for you. This place is worth the high prices.

1  Thank Davmehh