“Like old style steakhouse complete with cigar smoke & good looking women”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chophouse 47

Chophouse 47
Reserve with OpenTable
Chophouse 47 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 900 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pelham Road
Description: Winner of Wine Spectator’s acclaimed “Award of Excellence”, 10best “Top Restaurant” and OpenTable diners’ choice; Chophouse '47 has created a bustling, New York-style steakhouse experience. The menu features expertly broiled USDA prime aged beef, live Maine lobster and colossal shrimp cocktail; for dessert, share a gigantic table sized chocolate cake. Chophouse ’47 offers an extensive- well priced wine list, private event spaces, seating for large parties and seasonal patio dining.
“Like old style steakhouse complete with cigar smoke & good looking women”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

Had dinner, drinks tonight at the bar with one of those good looking women; my wife. Had a martini each, perfectly made & served & a tomato salad/could have been a tad bigger....2 tomatoes does not a salad make. We split a large filet, great steak fries & had a glass of Malbec each. Great atmosphere & service....will be back more often as we forgot how much we love this place.

SC
“Food is Good. Service is Terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

I liked it when I first dinned there in 2007. Progressively, got worse. I took my business somewhere else. One word to describe this place: inconsistence, not typical for a good steakhouse. Try different establishment.

1 Thank TOURtheWORLDMexPal
greenville, south carolina
“Very Good, but there are better choices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

The atmosphere is great, you step back in time to 1947 where the staff carts out your food, constantly fills your drink glasses, table is always clean. The food is great, but I believe that Ruth Chris is better. The steak was about the same, but the sides are definitely better at Ruth Chris. When you spend $150 for two people you definitely want it to be a perfect meal, just saying.

• Visited October 2011
Tampa, Florida
“Nice atmosphere - only downside is cigar smoke”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

I was in town for a business trip so I went here with my boss for a few drinks. We did not get any food, but sat at the bar for awhile. It was a nice atmosphere and the bartenders were attentive even though we used free drink coupons for the first round. The only downside that I could tell is that smoking is allowed inside. They had cigar cases by the bar but what I didn't realize is that you could smoke cigars inside. We were ready to leaeve anyway, but this would have probably made the dining experience unenjoyable having to smell cigar smoke. Other then that, I think I would come back tfor a meal next time I''m in town, I'll just ask to be seated far from the cigars!

• Visited October 2011
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Pricey for What You Get...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

I travel for work, and I stopped here when I had a yen for a really good steak. Twice.

Reading the brochure posted outside the restaurant, I was expecting reasonably priced food. Maybe it is, if you're used to NYC prices.

The service was impeccable. The steak was excellent. They play wonderful music from the 1940s. But everything beyond the meat on the plate is extra. The restaurant itself is very, very dark.

They also have a cigar bar, so be prepared. I enjoy the aroma of good cigars, so it wasn't a problem for me.