“Fabulous room and food”

Pettigru Place Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Greenville B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We could not have found a better B&B for our first trip to Greenville. Lori was the best hostess. We had just checked in when she brought us ice tea and a cheese tray. The room was so well decorated and comfortable we enjoyed just being there. Breakfast was outstanding especially the stuffed french toast, which Lori shared the recipe. We were just a short walk from the beautiful downtown Greenville, what an outstanding city. After walking around downtown all morning and afternoon we returned the Pettigru and sat outside on the nice furniture and visited with my brother and his wife. We had already gotten refreshments from the fridge inside when Lori asked if we needed anything else. No matter what we needed it was there, even cookies for that late night snack. This is a must place to stay in Greenville, a visit to both should be on everyone's list. We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann H

Reviewed September 27, 2012

It was my first time to Greenville. I was there on business. There was some sort of convention taking place downtown so most of the chain hotels were full. I called Lori at Pettigru Place as a shot in the dark, I had never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before and didn't know much about the B & B culture. This jewel of a place was cozy, well managed, welcoming, and in a great location. It was located in the Historic District of downtown Greenville and therefore only a 10 minute walk from Main Street. The breakfast served every morning was out of this world. They served all guests (of age) a silver trayed wine and cheese refreshment in the afternoons (or beer and cheese for the beer drinker). The employees were very warm and attentive...on the mornings that I had to leave before breakfast they would make one for me and leave it in the fridge to take on the road. If the experience staying there wasn't enough the service that they continued to provide after I left was above and beyond. I left my traveling toiletry bag in my room and didn't realize it until I got home. After calling Lori to let her know they found it and shipped it back to me free of charge! Its the small things that count...the details that turn something from regular into luxury. Pettigru Place was a luxury stay...I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jacob B
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The home and grounds are lovely and beautifully maintained. Lori could not be a more welcoming and gracious host. We thoroughly enjoyed the delicious breakfasts, the homemade cookies and the afternoon wine, fruit and cheese trays. It was so nice to have a fridge stocked with soft drinks and water. Lori has thought of everything! There is plenty of private parking in the back of the house. We had a very early departure on our last day and Lori packed a great "to go" breakfast for us to enjoy on the road.

Room Tip: The Brass Giraffe room has a ceiling fan but it was too hot even with the A/C on. It has 3 large win...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rebelyn
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is a beautifully run bed and breakfast. The historic home is well maintained and all the rooms are gorgeous. We stayed in the Rosamunde room which was very comfortable. The wine/beer and cheese in the evening was enjoyable, and the breakfast was amazing with stuffed french toast which was a special recipe created by the owner. We felt true southern hospitality here, like very special guests of a welcoming family. What a great location within walking distance of downtown Greenville and all the restaurants, pubs and shops. We hope to return soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alison6249
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed one week as we explored the Greenville area. B&B within walking distance of downtown and located in quiet neighborhood. Breakfasts were outstanding. Best we have ever had at a B&B. Lori was an excellent hostess. Just wish the room was a wee bit larger with a place to unpack clothes. Would certainly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: Lowest priced room lacked storage space but other rooms were very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank glitterG
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have been staying at Pettigru Place B&B for at least 6 years periodically. I have finally stayed in each of the B&B's rooms - and loved all of them. I am always happy to be there and find it to be relaxing and hospitable. Lori is a great hostess and her staff are always very accomodating. Breakfast is awesome. I try to stay at the B&B every time I come to Greenville.

Room Tip: Any room is nice!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CarefreeTraveler_7
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Wonderful stay: beautiful room, delicious breakfast, fun gardens, great service. Don't miss Politics for Dummies.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends