“Didn't Do The Right Thing”

Pettigru Place Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Greenville B&B and Inns
St Louis, MO
“Didn't Do The Right Thing”
Reviewed September 24, 2007

I spoke to the proprietor about staying four days per week for about six weeks while working in the area. She told me she had a corporate rate of $99.00 and was very business flexible. In fact "business travel flexibility" is highlighted on their website.

This was my first B&B experience and after the first week I realized it was "just not for me" - it was a bit too intimate for business travel. Everyone was lovely and the breakfast was wonderful although not available until 7:30. I have a wheat allergy and she even cooked with wheat free ingredients for me.

The room however was the size of a postage stamp. There was no bureau to unpack my clothes (just a small wicker shelf in the closet that didn't reach my knees) no bar soap or shower gel for the shower, and, pardon me, but I had to sit on the toilet sideways because it was so close to the wall.

I stayed the first week and then upon checking out cancelled the remaining ones. I offered to surrender my deposit for the following week. I was informed by the proprietor that she went to extra efforts to research and buy wheat free ingredients for me and spent over $75.00 in ingredients. ( Her website however says that they cater to dietary needs). I offered to surrender the $75.00 she spent plus my next week's deposit of $25.00.

She told me that her deposits were non-refundable and that she would keep my full $250.00 deposit. She also did not honor her quoted rate of $99.00 per night but charged me her full rate.

If I were spending the weekend and in a larger room, this would be a nice place to stay (although I never would now) but it is not for the business traveler. The proprietor is not flexible and she will keep your money!!!

Shame on her.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Proprietor
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Mecnerwal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Durham
Reviewed April 1, 2007

Decided to stay here because of write up in Southern Living..Lori greeted my business weary bones with an effussive, gracious hospitality and generous glass of Chardonnay. The breakfast was delicious and very generous. Free Wireless internet, Will return and refer to all my road weary colleagues.

Stayed March 2007
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed February 26, 2007

My wife & I are innkeepers so instead of staying at a hotel we stayed here. What a comfortable & relaxing place it is. Lori, the innkeeper, practises genuine hospitality. Our room was just what we needed, the breakfast delicious & the home tastefully furnished. We will stay here again & highly recommend it to you.

Tom & Deede Hinson

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
NJ
Reviewed April 19, 2005

As a business traveler it was nice to enter a home where the hostess immediately knew how to make you feel welcomed without overwhelmed. This of course included getting me a most generous glass of white wine. The rooms are all lovely and well maintained - I stayed in the Rosemunde room with a clawfoot tub and a small sitting area to the side of the bed.

Friendly to the business traveler, they accomodate cancellations, have TV's in the room and each room has a private bath. Dining menus and take out menus are available for everyone to use.

Breakfast was served early to accomodate my schedule (didn't expect that) and a coffee pot in the hall was there for getting ready in the a.m. Lovely shaded gardens provided sitting for the afternoon read that had time.

I will definitely opt for this stop the next time I'm in Greenville.

4 Thank healthymomof2
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 17, 2003

Stayed for four nights at Pettigru Place while on business in Greenville Area. Had my wife along, and she persuaded me to stay at a B&B instead of my usual hotel. While skeptical at first, I had to admit is was a great choice. Sheri was a perfect hostess, and was able to help keep my wife occupied while I was at work. Was surprised they have wireless internet, so I worked in the garden (with a glass of wine). What a relaxing change of pace after a day at a customer's office. Will certainly return for business in the future. David and Donna

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member