“Best Ever”

Saffron Indian Cuisine
Ranked #14 of 939 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Those with poor reviews must have eaten somewhere else. The staff is always on point and courteous. The food is delicious and prepared authentically. I ask anyone to try it and I am certain you will agree with me.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Fantastic restaurant! Some of the best Indian food I have ever had. The lamb vindaloo is my favorite. Be warned though, when you say you like it spicy, SPICY is what you will get. The staff is very polite and willing to answer any questions. They have a large selection, so picking just one thing may be a bit tough. It is a little pricy, but it is really worth it.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I ordered the Chicken Tikka. Was to have been cooked in the traditional clay pot. Looked like it had been cooked on a skewer and had been covered in some type of red foo d coloring but looked more like a red dye baked into the chicken. The chicken was tender but tasteless. I asked what was the seasoning for the bright red color and was told it was a type of food coloring. I had to trim the coloring off each piece of meat. My husband had the Scallop Jalfrzie- he said his was good. If you go there stay with a dish with some type of sauce and ask how the dish is prepared.

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling to Atlanta and visited this on the way for dinner. It's a nice cozy place just off the highway. I would return to this place again.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Saffron was recommended by a well-traveled friend whose culinary opinions about "foreign" food I trust. I went to Saffron on his recommendation - and also that of an Indian friend who said that it is the best Indian food in the area. Enough of that; how about my opinion of the food. Great. I ordered lamb curry and was very satisfied with the taste, quality and amount. Service was also as I like it - attentive without being intrusive. The wait staff offered more rice when it looked as if we would need it. The naan was also among the best I've ever had. I'll be back for more.