“Superstar Coconut Cake!!”
Review of Strossner's

Strossner's
Ranked #1 of 12 Bakeries in Greenville
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I passed Strossner's on the way to the Embassy Suites, and was curious enough to stop in. Very charming decor, very clean restaurant with pleasant staff. Now on the Cake Nirvana part: Coconut cake as good as my Gramma's! I have been searching for something close to her expertise with this cake, and I found it here.
Cake slices are not inexpensive, close to $5.00,but large pieces, very well packaged for travel. Enough to share, but that was not happening! Get your own slice, or start a family fued. The cake was moist, lots of coconut, also moist,and the icing was great; light and not overly sweet; just right.
Worth every bite,and every extra mile on the treadmill this week. Stop in an enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Strossner's

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Words cannot express how very delicious the desserts are. I tried the petit fours, irish whiskey cake, strawberry cake, chocolate bars, and raspberry bars. The cakes are AMAZINGLY moist!! The cheese straws (crackers) are extraordinary. Hope to make a trip back to greenville soon. The deli sandwhiches are good, but are a bit pricey. I will stick with the sweet stuff. The staff is also very friendly.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is what real dessert is about the eclairs wre the real thing and worth the price. Pastries and cakes were fantastically prepared and beautiful.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The food was ok. We ordered soup, quiche, and a turkey rueben. The rueben fell apart and was soggy. The soup was bland but the quiche was ok. Over priced for the atmosphere and quality.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I had lunch at Strossner's. The food was very good but a little pricey. Afterward we went to their take out. My wife knows I am very fond of chicken pie so she bought one to have for supper. This had to be the worse excuse for a chicken pie that I ever experienced! There was almost no chicken but tons of potatoes. This was potato pie flavored(?) with chicken. There wasn't even enough chicken to flavor it. There was also a scarcity of peas or any other vegetables. For twenty dollars it was a giant rip off. The worst chicken pie in the frozen food aisle at your local supermarket was far superior to this. This is potato pie. Make no mistake about it. If you want chicken pie, I suggest KFC. As an affectionato of chicken pie, I can say KFC far outshines Strossner's.

1  Thank John H