“Finally In Greenville!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was supposed to be with my "soul mate" in Greenville months before now but life takes you where it takes you & I ended up in Charleston...I finally have an opportunity to visit Greenville & I want to go to all the places I've got on my "list", starting with Coffee Underground. YThe atmosphere is great! The service was good...everyone was super friendly. I had the Frog Latte which was YUMMY and the Farmers Quiche...Soooo good. Great way to start my day!!!! :-)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Coffee Underground is a must stop for my family whenever we go downtown. I've been going there forever and am never disappointed by the drinks, food or staff. The Black Tiger milkshake is my favorite!

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This is my second trip to Greenville and both times I've stopped in at the Coffee underground. It's the closest coffee shop to the Hyatt that's not actually in the Hyatt. On this trip I had an iced chai and the Marbala wrap. I like chai with a little more bite and had enjoyed their hot chai latte last year. The iced chai was very mild, one step above flavored milk. The wrap was tasty and warm and full of hearty ingredients. The chicken wasn't too dry and the rice was a good consistency. It came with ruffled potato chips and a pickle spear. I got my husband a club sandwich and he really enjoyed that it wasn't too full of bread. The cafe has some really good vegan and vegetarian options. The pricing and portions are fair but not spectacular, and you will probably wait a little longer than you're accustomed to for food - but that's because they're actually cooking it. Fair warning: they don't open until 8am on the weekends. If you are looking to go to somewhere local with good food and a conscience, underground coffee is a good place to stop.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I moved to Greenville after finishing my BS and I really missed the cafe culture of my college town and hometown. With Greenville having such a vibrant downtown with so many dining and entertainment options, I've been surprised to find this is the only coffee shop that really suits my needs. I avoid the national chains. Coffee Underground has great atmosphere, good food, good coffee and hours that actually fit my coffee craving cycles! So if you need to read the news, plan your newest startup, write a blog or catch up with a friend. This is the place.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is where my friends and I go whenever I come home to visit. Relaxed atmosphere and great for people watching. Coffee is good, but they are a little heavy-handed with the cream.