“One of the better restaurants in Greenville. Very nice view. Food is good, not as great as Deveraux. But still very...”
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Halls Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 906 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Halls Chophouse is a family steakhouse restaurant originated in the Upper King District of Charleston, South Carolina. We value hospitality, superior American cuisine and a dining experience that guests revere. Special Features: Gluten-Free Friendly, Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly, Happy Hour, Kid Friendly, Romantic, Late Night, Live Music. Bar opens at 4:00pm, Dinner Service at 5:00pm. Dinner is served until 11:00 pm during the week, 12:00am on Friday and Saturday. Our menu features She Crab Soup, Oysters on the Half Shell, and Fried Calamari just to name a few dishes. Our extensive wine menu features over 100 of the most exclusive wines one may find.
Reviewed July 18, 2010

One of the better restaurants in Greenville. Very nice view. Food is good, not as great as Deveraux. But still very good.

Liberty, South Carolina
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We've been wanting to try this facility for a long time. We stopped by for lunch yesterday and were surprised to find it nearly empty at 12:30, the lunch hour in Greenville. The staff were friendly and seated us at a nice window table with a view of the Reedy River. The restaurant is beautiful; very bright and open with comfortable seating. The waiter was friendly and efficient. The menu is a bit limited, we were surprised at the lack of cold sandwiches for lunch, however the prices are not over the top.

I ordered the cheese burger with bacon and fries, my wife ordered the Reuben with coleslaw. They brought some small cornbread muffins as a prequel and they were wonderful. When the meals came they didn't look bad, except the fries looked overdone. My burger was closer to the well side of medium-well, but that doesn't matter. However, it had no taste what so ever. I don't even know how to describe it but the burger had no flavor. The fries were not good and I didn't eat more than a few. My wife said here Reuben tasted terrible; we looked at the meat and it was a brown-grey color. We both thought that maybe they used roast beef instead of corn beef. When I asked the waiter he confirmed that it should be corn beef. He took one look and returned it to the kitchen.

The manager was very kind and offered to replace the meal, but we had lost confidence in the kitchen, so she removed my wifes charge. I'm not sure who was preparing the food, but I'll bet it wasn't the chef. A place this nice should never put out a product like what we received.

It will be a while before we try this place again. Maybe after we read about a change in the kitchen.

1 Thank dtboomer
Greenville, SC
“The Best in Town”
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I was always under the impression that High Cotton was so expensive, I was proven wrong...I went for my first time by myself to have a quick dinner and a glass of wine to soothe my long work day. I ordered the pork tacos and a salad. To go with my dinner i had a couple glasses of wine. I truly thought that I was going to spend $50.00 when I walked in and only spent $29.00. That was with a 20% tip. I was so pumped I decided to go back with a friend.

The food was, again, unbelievable. We had great service, great food, and we sat on the most peaceful, most beautiful patio I have ever encountered in Greenville. I felt like I was in a movie. This time we ordered a bottle of wine, apps, entrees and dessert. With tip, it was less than 100.00. WOW!!! What a great date. You can't beat that in this town.

I highly recommend this restaurant if you want great food, service, atmosphere for a very reasonable price. You can go low or do it up and go high.

PA
“Lotta $$, a little atmosphere”
Reviewed June 18, 2009

Crabcake appetizer good, Caeser salad was good, really - everything was "good." Not spectacular. Just real.....well...."pretty" I guess, because they are very in to the presentation. I was definitely underwhelmed, as the earlier reviewer described. Nice view, service was good (again, nothing special). If you are easily impressed by scallions tied in a bow, and you like to tell people how much you spent on dinner, this is definitely your place. After we left here, we needed to get ice cream on the way back to hotel - does that tell you anything?

2 Thank Julezz
Greenville, SC
“Overpriced, Average Food”
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Having dined at upscale restaurants in large cities throughout the country and world, I know good food and service when I get it, and High Cotton does not have either. The service was just average, and the food was average, at best. You can get better food at Red Lobster (and I am not a fan of Red Lobster) for half the price. High
Cotton does have a nice atmosphere and a good downtown location, but those are the only two positive things I can say about this restaurant.

3 Thank GreenvilleReview