“Great company event” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Halls Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 900 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Halls Chophouse is a family steakhouse restaurant originated in the Upper King District of Charleston, South Carolina. We value hospitality, superior American cuisine and a dining experience that guests revere. Special Features: Gluten-Free Friendly, Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly, Happy Hour, Kid Friendly, Romantic, Late Night, Live Music. Bar opens at 4:00pm, Dinner Service at 5:00pm. Dinner is served until 11:00 pm during the week, 12:00am on Friday and Saturday. Our menu features She Crab Soup, Oysters on the Half Shell, and Fried Calamari just to name a few dishes. Our extensive wine menu features over 100 of the most exclusive wines one may find.
Duncan, South Carolina
“Great company event”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I dined here at a company function with a group of about 30 people. The staff were very accommodating and helpful. The location is great! The food was also very good -- I had steak with grits and green beans. I cannot speak to price or menu selection because we ordered off of a limited menu for a private event that was paid by the event coordinator. I am interested in returning on my own for the full experience.

Greenville, South Carolina
“Indifferent management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We recently took our children visiting from out of town to High Cotton for dinner. None of us had ever been to this restaurant so it was a first for everyone. We had requested seating at an outside table, and made a late reservation. When we arrived, we were told that the patio closed at 8 p.m. Certainly, when they took the reservation, they would have known that the patio closed at 8 p.m. We would have gone somewhere else should we have known. So, we asked if we could have been seated by the window for a view, and they said, since you requested an outside table, we'll have to see what we can do. They seated us inside away from the windows. Not great. The food was good, but not spectacular. They kept rushing us between courses, like they were anxious for us finish our dinner. But, there was couple sitting against the windows kissing passionately all evening, and by the time we left the restaurant, they were almost in a horizontal position....the manager kept walking by the table while they were locked in kisses and passionate embraces. Others that had been dining near this table had already left, and we sensed that the management also wanted us to leave to give these diners their "privacy"....what we did not understand was a restaurant of this standing seemed highly inappropriate for this type of behavior to be going on for over an hour not only in the window but in front of a room full of diners. The check was extremely pricey, and we did not appreciate paying for this kind of entertainment. Our kids visiting from out of town were not amused and did not enjoy that activity taking place in the restaurant as well....their comment was "get a room!" We certainly will not be back to this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
North Carolina Mountains, North Carolina
“Very Indifferent service accompanied by burnt bread.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I had lunch at High Cotton on Saturday, August 3. We were seated about 10 minutes before the end of the lunch shift but that should not mean bad service. Many wait staff were setting up the tables for the dinner shift apparently. We finally had to flag someone down to take our order. There were only 2 other tables being served and they already had their food. The waitress took the order and said she would be back with cornbread. 15 minutes later she came with burnt plain bread and apologized as they had no more cornbread. After listening to the bartender chit chat with the only 2 people at the bar for 20 minutes or so, he strolled over with my husband's glass of wine. The food arrived maybe 30 minutes after we ordered. My grilled vegetable sandwich was very tasty (I did remove the raw zucchini - it was supposed to be grilled!), the coleslaw was delicious. My husband's crab salad was a bit sparse. I have eaten lunch here once before and it was delicious and the service was excellent. We hope management improves.

• Visited August 2013
Greer, South Carolina
“Delicious Shrimp, Ham & Grits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a very relaxing meal and the food was excellent. I recommend you try and get a table over looking the river. The view is wonderful. We will be visiting High Cotton again to try some of their mouth other watering selections.

Chicago, Illinois
“Very good food, poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Lunch included very good food in ample portions from a limited menu. Food and wine were moderately priced. My trout on a bed of string beans was very good as was my wife’s grilled vegetable sandwich. Service was fast enough but poor; our waiter was new and awkward and did not bring the amuse bouche provided to other tables. The person who delivered our meals disappeared without fulfilling my request for lemon slices for my fish so I had to chase down our waiter to get them. Indoor dining areas are attractive and less noisy than at some nearby restaurants. Limited view of river and promenade. There are outdoor tables but no umbrellas. The background music is usually recorded jazz, sometimes live--very nice. We would definitely return if we thought the poor service was an aberration.