“The Same "High" Standards”
Review of Halls Chophouse

Halls Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Halls Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 930 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Armenian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Halls Chophouse is a family steakhouse restaurant originated in the Upper King District of Charleston, South Carolina. We value hospitality, superior American cuisine and a dining experience that guests revere. Special Features: Gluten-Free Friendly, Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly, Happy Hour, Kid Friendly, Romantic, Late Night, Live Music. Bar opens at 4:00pm, Dinner Service at 5:00pm. Dinner is served until 11:00 pm during the week, 12:00am on Friday and Saturday. Our menu features She Crab Soup, Oysters on the Half Shell, and Fried Calamari just to name a few dishes. Our extensive wine menu features over 100 of the most exclusive wines one may find.
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I love the "High Cotton" in Charleston, but this was my first visit to the one in Greenville...and I was concerned that it might not meet my expectations. Another couple was with us that have never been to either restaurant. They were delighted with their "High Cotton" experience so we considered the stop for lunch even more successful. My husband and I both selected the chef's special ($14) which was a "cooked to perfection" pan fried fillet of trout on a bed of beets, fennel, tomatoes and argula. Every mouthful was a burst of favors and not a single bone (a must for me to give a 5* rating). One friend ordered crab soup ($5) and the chicken confit ($9) and said both were outstanding. Our other friend ordered the "quick fix" ($10) and received a cup of roasted garlic, asparagus soup, 1/2 (very large half) of a roast beef/cheddar/tomato/on wheat sandwich and cream brulee. This was clearly a hit and what a deal for the price! We each had a glass of excellent wine ($8/glass) to round out our experience. We were seated so that we could see the river and the riverwalk. The decor is comtemporary and the high ceilings created a wonderful sense of coolness on a scorching hot day. The service was excellent. On future trips to Greenville, this will be our stopping place for lunch.

There are newer reviews for Halls Chophouse

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We hosted rehearsal dinner at High Cotton in June. We, along with our guests, thoroughly enjoyed the DELICIOUS food & EXCELLENT service provided by all the staff working on June 8!! Thank you for making that special evening a memorable one for us!!!!

1  Thank RetiredLMS
Reviewed July 25, 2012

After dropping our son off at GSP my husband and I decided to stop and have dinner before going home. We found High Cotton in a local magazine at the airport and decided to try it. We arrived right at the opening for dinner and after a short wait we were seated. We had the best service, food and dinner, We started our dinner with Peach Sangria and ended with a fabulous dessert. We would certainly go back....if you have time there is a riverwalk right outside and it was lovely to take a walk after dinner.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Had a very nice lunch here while in Greenville on a business trip. I was walking around very casual checking out downtown and this restaurant was recommended. I felt a little under dressed for lunch as most people there were local business folks in business attire.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Our friends treated us Saturday to lunch at High Cotton. Beautiful restaurant, wonderful atmosphere. and professionally trained staff. The food was fabulous!!! Awesome flavor.