“Best Mexican in town”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Greenville, SC
“Best Mexican in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We've been coming to this restaurant for several years and have always enjoyed their fresh and flavorful tex-mex food- much better than typical restaurants of this type. Their guacamole is made with lime and cumin, shrimp quesadilla is big and spicy(shrimp are huge and tender ) but our favorite is the pancho nachos which are similar to those I ate while living in Laredo Texas. Individual large tortilla chips with ingredients on each. Margaritas are wonderful because they make their own lime juice. Service is great- we always sit in the bar area because Sean takes care of us. We love this neighborhood restaurant- a real gem on busy Woodruff Rd.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank TeacherTrainer

Greenville, South Carolina
“Sabroso means Tasty in Spanish and the name fits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great Salsa, Great chips, The food is consistently good. The prices are reasonable. I had the Carnitas and my wife had the fajitas which were both very good. I've had the fish tacos before and these are good. This is one of the two best Mexican restaurants in the upstate. Sometimes they have coupons which make it an even better value but it's a good value without a coupon.

• Visited March 2014
Ireland
“Came on a recommendation, will return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

The food is above average and the staff listens to what you're looking for - then makes a recommendation. What helped is that my friends are regulars there. I'll go back either with them or without them!

• Visited December 2013
Jamaica
“Not even passable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

The food was awful and I can find almost nothing good to say about the offerings. I went with two other persons and two of us ended up sending our plates back almost full. Firstly, the mexican rice is over salty and has little unique flavor. My beef tacos were so-so and I make better ones at home. As for the refried beans, it was more like crushed red peas gravy and it was not appetizing at all. MY mom-in-law did have the quesdallis which while the tortilla was rubbery, the steak filling was very tasty- the one good point at our lunch.
I love fried ice cream at Japanese restaurants and having heard that the fried ice cream here was good I ordered it- ugh. This fried ice cream was rolled in corn flakes and it was NOT crispy; rather, the cornflakes were rubbery and the chocolate sauce was like that from a Hershey's bottle (perhaps more watery). Thanks to Sabroso I ended up making sure to go to The Local Taco downtown Greenville just to remind myself that mexican food can be good. My advice, skip this, even Taco Bell is preferable.

• Visited June 2013
Greenwood, South Carolina
“A Little Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was told this is the best Mexican food in Greenville, so we gave it a try. It is not. It is nothing special... not great... not bad... just average. If you are in the area and hungry, what the heck, give it a try. You will come away full.

• Visited May 2013