“Authentic Mexican food”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
South Carolina
“Authentic Mexican food”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the authentic Mexican restaurant in Greenville area. The food is very good. The make excellent vegetarian Chimichanga and the salsa is very tasty too. The ambience and service are average bit overall it is a good restaurant to visit if you want to try some good Mexican food.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Really good Mexican food!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Having lived in California for 30+ years we know good Mexican food, and this food is REALLY good! We went in for lunch on a weekday and the place was pretty full. The chips were served warm with very good salsa, yummy yummy. I ordered the crispy beef taco, rice, and beans and my husband ordered the chicken fajitas. They came piping hot and perfectly seasoned, with so much food we took a box of leftovers home for breakfast tomorrow! The chicken was tender and served with grilled onions, bell peppers, and a plate of hot corn tortillas, as well a bowl filled with lettuce, cheese and sour cream. Everything we ate was excellent and we will be going back on a regular basis! Service was fast and steady.
We highly recommend this restaurant for excellent Mexican food!

• Visited February 2013
Charleston, SC
“on their game”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Mex restaurants have GOT to be the fastest growing segment of the American food scene. Every week in most towns, a new outlet opens up. And no matter how small a community, there always seems to be one, sometimes two a Mex joints. I'm ok with this. I crave the stuff. But all too often the trade seems to have been learned via boilerplate correspondence courses, rather than through a genuine love for the food, talent for its preparation, or even firsthand cucina experience.
Not so with Sabroso. It is consistently good.

Not to say this is what you'd find coming out of the proverbial Mexican Grandmother's kitchen.
Grandmother would certainly label the offerings, 'too gringo'. But the food, flavors, service, atmosphere, and bar offerings are all a little above the North American average. The staff is eager to please, substitutions don't throw the kitchen into confusion, the restaurant is clean and comfortable, and the prices are competitive.

When my Mex cravings hit and I consider my options...Sabroso is an easy choice, even though a dozen Latin American choices are closer to my location.

Enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
Woodruff, South Carolina, United States
“One of the best mexican resturants I've been to.”
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

It was very good. We had to wait for a table for a bit but it was well worth the wait. The resturant was very crowded. My food took about 15 minutes to arrive. There was a ton of food and it was delicious!

“AWESOME!!!!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

First of all the only reason I went to this restaurant was because I bought a living social voucher and I love Mexican (even americanized) Food. Boy was I surprised. The food was amazing!!!! I ordered the grilled shrimp tacos (on the menu it is listed as Acapulco Fish Taco but I asked if I could have shrimp instead and they graciously obliged) which came with the BEST black beans I've every had and rice. YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!!!!!!! My cousin had the chicken quesadilla wth the grilled veggies and he loved it. I will be back again!

• Visited September 2012