“Over the top dining experience ”

Rick Erwins Westend Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Rick Erwins Westend Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 914 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Augusta
Highlands, North Carolina
“Over the top dining experience ”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

My family of 4 ate here on Monday June 16, and what a great experience it was. The head waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the entire menu as well as the wine menu. The food was out of this world! We had fried oysters, beef carpaccio , and the calamari . Everything was amazing...off to a good start! A bottle of Orin Swift Cuttings. Heavenly!! Then onto a Petite Filet , swordfish , lamb chops with a goat cheese spread...yum yum yum!!! ( I can't remember what my husband had ...too much Orin swift wine), but he loved it!! Then to finish it off was the most delicious pineapple cheesecake !!
Also, my husband is the chef/owner of a fine dining restaurant and he was quite impressed with the whole evening...food presentation, quality, taste, service, and atmosphere. We will return on our next visit to Greenville . This restaurant should be number 1 on trip advisor!

Greer, South Carolina
“Great evening at Rick Erwin's”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My wife made reservations at Rick Erwins for our anniversary. Awesome choice! Great atmosphere, food and staff.

• Visited April 2014
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We had a truly excellent meal at this restaurant. Both the crab and salmon were divine as were the side dishes. We were in casual clothes and felt very welcomed. The outdoor seating beside the courtyard park was perfect for us. Super evening!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Time4Dinner
Greenville, SC
“Not very imaginative for the price”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I've been to Rick's once before several years ago and gave them 5 stars. The food is quite good for sure. But since then I have experienced more restaurants and food styles both in Greenville and elsewhere. With that experience behind me, I wasn't as impressed with Rick's this time, particularly for the prices charged, so I just can't quite give it four stars.

It's a GREAT steak and cooked exactly as requested, and I did intentionally pick this restaurant because we had people in our party who are not foodies and don't appreciate their food dressed up with a bunch of different foods and flavors. One could reasonably argue that I could have just picked a franchise, but since this was my husband's birthday meal, I wanted to do something more special that that. So, if you want something basic and straightforward where the most complicated word on the menu is probably "frites" and you're ready to drop some money, this is a good bet.

One problem is the steaks are a la carte. The sides are good, but it seems like for the price they could spring for a scoop of one side and a salad. It's a strange decision, too, because there are numerous other things on the menu that do come as a complete meal. Why the red meat alone is a la carte I just do not understand.

The sides are huge, which is good considering their extra price. The intent is for the table to share them. If the table is not sharing, then you have some leftover to box up. The mushrooms and macaroni and cheese are particularly yummy the next day.

Presentation is very blah, but I guess how else can you present a piece of steak on a white plate when the sides are separate?

The restaurant gets very loud. Most restaurants these days do, but if you're looking for a quiet place to enjoy an expensive meal, this isn't it. We always dine early to get ahead of crowds. At the beginning of the meal we had to raise our voices to be heard over the music playing. By the end of our dinner we were having to shout to be heard above other diners. Made it very difficult for us to hear to our server and for her to hear us.

If you are more budget-conscious, the menu always includes two theater courses -- each with starter, entree, and dessert -- which are very good values if you aren't looking for a steak. But I would submit, still, there are better places to eat in Greenville for that price range.

I don't regret the meal, but for the money spent, I don't know that I would go again. There are just too many other equally good, if not better quality, meals to be had in Greenville for 1/3 less than we spent.

• Visited May 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Exceptionally good dining at Rick Erwin's!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Dinner at Rick Erwin's is always an exceptional meal... The food and service are outstanding! While it is a bit expensive, you definitely get your money's worth. The place to go for special occasions or just a wonderful dinner.

• Visited September 2013