“Exceptionally good dining at Rick Erwin's!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rick Erwins Westend Grille

Rick Erwins Westend Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Rick Erwins Westend Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 900 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Augusta
Greenville, South Carolina
“Exceptionally good dining at Rick Erwin's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Dinner at Rick Erwin's is always an exceptional meal... The food and service are outstanding! While it is a bit expensive, you definitely get your money's worth. The place to go for special occasions or just a wonderful dinner.

• Visited September 2013

Greenville, South Carolina
“Great little place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I love to pop into this great place for a quick dinner after work during the week....great wine and beer selection...lots of tasty macaroons and other dessert in the dessert case...very casual...staff very friendly...their rueben sandwich is fabulous!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Deborah G
kingstonmyrtlebeach
“Exquisite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our evening downtown with friends while dining at Rick Erwins Westend Grille. The Surf & Turf was cooked to perfection! The deserts were delicious and filling. Our waiter was extremely professional and accommodating.

• Visited May 2014
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Food not quite up to expectations, but very good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

My wife and I had dinner here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We made a reservation, and were seated immediately upon arrival. The décor was very tasteful, if a little dimly lit. Our waitress was very personable, made great conversation, and truthfully made the experience much better than it might have been.

My wife ordered chicken, and found it to be good, but not great. It was well prepared, and well presented. But the overall flavor just wasn't to her liking. My Caesar salad was good. However, my steak, which I ordered cooked medium, was quite well done. My wife would have called it burnt. Thankfully, I'm not very picky when it comes to how my steak is cooked. Our waitress was quite apologetic, and agreed that it was overcooked. She offered to replace it, but I didn't want to wait. Despite being overcooked, it was still very good, in my opinion. Since I wouldn't accept another steak, our waitress brought us two free desserts. Actually, she brought us one, and then upon learning that I was planning to order Crème Brule, brought one of those. Both were delicious.

Overall, we had a great experience. The atmosphere was romantic, but not stuffy. Our waitress and her support staff were exceptional. Had we been at some ordinary restaurant, I'd have given our meal a better score. But given the prices at this place (we spent about $110, including tip, for the two of us), I can only give it 4/5. Hopefully, if we return, the food will be better.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank the_tool_man
San Antonio, Texas
“special occasion, special place....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

This was our daughter's choice for a college graduation dinner.
We had folks from Chicago & Texas in our party and it was unanimous. Delicious !!!
I, for one, have had steaks all over the country and this was as good as any I have ever had. My brother-in-law said the same.
Great location, friendly wait staff, terrific food, it was a great choice for a special occasion family get together. Two thumbs up and four out of four jalapenos for this terrific restaurant.

Visited May 2014