“5 Stars for a 3 Star Hotel!”

Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road
Ranked #32 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Atlanta, GA
“5 Stars for a 3 Star Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2009

All of the personnel aimed to please. Our stay was very enjoyable.

The property is in very good shape. It appears to have been recently built.

We debated between the suite and the one bedroom. The suite gave us plenty of space. The only difference is a walled-in bedroom and a breakfast bar in the kitchen area. We loved having the full size fridge. It made it easy to store the food we were contributing to Thanksgiving dinner. Also the flat screen TV with HD content is very nice. We should have brought a DVD for the DVD player. Moving the dresser that it sits on a foot further from the bed would certainly make it easier to access the bed though. The bathroom area is very well lit with plenty roomy. I enjoyed the water pressure in the shower and the curved shower rod with windowed shower curtain made it seem even more spacious. One nuisance is the brightly lit sink and mirror area is not separated at all from the bedroom in either type of unit which made it hard to sleep in while my wife was getting ready. (My wife wants me to note that she found a couple of hairs in the room and because of that will only allow me to give the property 4 of 5 for cleanliness.) The bed was quite comfy and an assortment of pillow types was provided. One thing missing was a luggage rack. It would have been nice to have something in the closet to set and open our suitcase on. We ended up moving one of the coffee tables into the closet -- wonder if we remembered to put it back.

The hotel has some great common areas for gathering and some nice amenities such as exercise room, business center, and BBQ grills. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which had good selection that was kept replenished. The evening reception was good too.

We had a great stay and would definitely stay here again. You get a lot for your money. It is also located in a good location with tons of stores and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Asheville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

The rooms are well appointed but small. The check in staff was very professional. Beyond these two points I do not have anything else positive to say about this property.

My issue with this property begin when I left my king down pillow in my room after check out. I called the hotel the next day to ask whether my pillow has been turned in by the housekeeping staff. I was told it was not, that the hotel is not liable for anything left in the room, the housekeeping staff probably did not even notice my pillow when they changed the linen and that they would call me back in two days. I replied that I knew that they were not liable and it was hard for me to understand how the housekeeping staff could not notice the difference between my king pillow and their small standard pillow; the hotel pillow cases would not have fit over my pillow.

I never received the follow up call from the hotel so I contacted Staybridge customer service. I was told by a customer service representative that the hotel would call me within 48 hours. 96 hours later I had not been contacted by the hotel. I contacted Staybridge customer service again and was told that the hotel was not liable for items left in the room, the hotel kept lost items for 90 days and someone would contact me if the pillow was turned in. Not a very good reply to why the hotel had not contacted me. It almost seemed to be a cut and paste reply.

I will never see the pillow again because one or more of the hotel staff lacked the integrity and honesty to return the pillow to me. I know that the hotel staff knows who cleaned the room on the day I checked out. Did that person keep the pillow? Were they asked about the pillow? Did the person turn the pillow in and someone else kept the pillow? Why didn't someone at the hotel follow up as they said they would? Why didn't Staybridge customer service follow up when I was not contacted within 48 hours?

I wil not stay at this hotel again. If this property does not have the intergrity and honesty in this case what else are they capable of? I am also very disappointed in the Staybridge customer service representatives. The lack of follow up and not focusing on the customer was disheartening.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MoovinOn
Athens, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

My husband works out of town so we travel with him on occasion. I have to say this is one of the best hotel suites we've stayed at. The rooms are wonderful!!! Everything you need and more! The staff is very friendly and helpful! You get breakfast,dinner and free wine and beer in the afternoon! You just can't find places like this anymore for a reasonable price! I have to say I believe they should have a 5 star rating all the way around!!!!! Last time we stayed at the Hampton down the street and it was not bad. This facility is much nicer and they have more to offer. Don't think about staying anywhere else because this place is GREAT!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

I was so pleased and impressed with the accommodations at the Staybridge Suites. As part of Inter-Continental Hotels, I should have expected such high standards. The property is quite new and incredibly comfortable. I was surprised by the attention to details; various grades of pillows, plasma HDTV, all the gadgets, and an extremely well equipped kitchen (granite counter tops), with all the goodies. Wonderful place. The breakfast was amazing - I could not get over the variety; both hot & cold items, really well put together, and pleasant staff (both front desk and food servers) to boot!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2009

I went to Greenville to visit someone who was working out of town. I was warned that some hotels in the area were not very nice.
When I got to the hotel from the airport, the clerk asked how I arrived there at the hotel. I was supposed to take a hotel shuttle but since I did not see one, I instead took a taxi. The clerk then discounted the amount I paid for the taxi off of my room rate. Amazing! All of the staff here at the hotel was very friendly and quite helpful.
I stayed in a two room suite. The entry room contained a fully furnished kitchen (yes, even a full-sized refrigerator), a desk, a plasma TV, and couch. The bedroom had its own plasma TV as well. The room was clean and well furnished, although the couch was quite uncomfortable. The bed was more comfortable than my one at home with soft linens and many pillows.
Similar to other hotels, this one had a free continental breakfast in their great room. Even better, 3 days a week in the evening, this hotel also served free dinner including free BEER AND WINE!!!! In the back area outside, there was a fire pit for socializing and a small swimming pool. Off the great room was a separate area called the theater which had a huge plasma TV, several chairs, and a DVD player if you wanted to watch a movie.
For the price I paid, this place is amazing. I am going back in June and looking forward to my stay!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kff8
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2008

We stayed at this Staybridge for a week and wished we could have stayed longer. The rooms are great! Comfortable bed, great kitchen and nice flat screen TV with DVD player. They also have the Sundowner's reception Tuesday through Thursday nights that include great meals from hamburgers to beef stew and complimentary drinks to go with. The lobby with the fireplace is very welcoming and makes you feel at home. The laundry services are free as well! There's a home theater that you can use to watch movies or catch a game on. The customer service was excellent. Overall, it was an excellent stay and couldn't have asked for anything better. Will definitely return to this Staybridge when in the area again.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank jmebagen
upstate NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2008

My husband and I stayed there for 4 evenings, and were very disappointed in our room. The room was VERY dirty when we checked in, but it was late and we were tired so we did not notice how bad until the following morning. In the bathroom the next morning I noticed there was a lot of hair on the floor. I wiped it up with tissues. Later I noticed the toilet lid top was dirty so I wet/soaped a washcloth and washed it myself. I then wiped up the floor and it was even worse than I thought...
Two tries to get the floor cleaned (water cap, celophane, nail clippings (yuck) etc.,) resulted in fresh sheets and towels, and the same filthy floor/rugs.
No help at check out either..
Breakfast was also minimal at ~8:30 AM, when they served until 9:30, many things gone, read dishes gone so forced to use un-environmenatl styrafoam etc...
Will definaltely never stay again.This is a real shame since the hotel is new, quiet, free dinners some days of the week, great location etc...

• Liked — location and quiet setting
  • Disliked — dirty, poor breakfast
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank shinysideup
ssmith11, Regional Director of Operations at Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road, responded to this review, March 14, 2009
We rely on our guests feedback, and greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We also apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. I have forwarded your comments to the hotel, a copy of this file has been made available to the General Manager for their records. I know they share our vision of providing the best guest experience possible, and I am confident they will take the necessary steps to continue to improve their services. We, at Kana Hotel Group, take great pride in our properties as they are all in the top 10% of each of their brands.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose IHG and the Staybridge Suites Woodruff Road, Greenville for your future travel needs.

Stephanie Smith