New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road

Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road
Ranked #30 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
San Antonio, Texas
“Best hotel experience I have had in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

My husband and I chose this hotel for a week that we spent visiting friends in Greenwood and Asheville. We arrived at the hotel pretty late on last Sunday evening. The clerk was friendly, bright and happy to check us in quickly and explain everything about the hotel to us. We chose to book a one bedroom suite because one of us is a night owl and the other is an early riser. It makes it easier for us to enjoy our vacation with some space from each other.

Our room was very large! I couldn't believe the space we had in our room. The kitchenette had everything you needed to cook something. There are only two burners and no oven but the microwave was large enough to handle anything. The bed was amazing. We had a great night sleep every night that we were there. The breakfast rotates each day but we found it to be very good. Tuesday-Thursday they do have dinner with beer and wine which we were never able to attend.

The hotel is situated near the highway but I never heard any noise from it. It is hidden away from the road so we felt very safe there. It is about a block from Whole Foods and Total Wine. There are plenty of restaurants in the nearby area and it is a quick access to the highway. There are grills outside you can use as well as a fire pit and outdoor pool.

We had an amazing stay. I would absolutely stay here again because the amenities were so great. Hotel was clean, nice staff and a great restful sleep. Worth every penny we spent!

Room Tip: We were on a high floor and it was nice and quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenwee
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
We are glad to read how amazing you thought your stay here at the Staybridge Suites Greenville/Spartanburg was and would like to thank you for such a nice review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Loudon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

This is such a nice hotel. The room was the perfect size, clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly - the gentleman who checked us in was very welcoming and made us feel at home. We had the breakfast and it was more than a normal hotel breakfast and was delicious. Overall, one of the top hotels in my book. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
We are glad to read you put us as one of the top hotels in your book. Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel the Staybridge Suites Greenville/Spartanburg.
Canton, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

The facilities are nice and the location is convenient. Service is weak: no gas for grills, they didn't distribute receipts overnight which lead to delays getting to the desk, The food service attitude was worse and they didn't provide enough food for guests. When asked for salt and pepper was given an excuse that she just showed up (1/2 hour after food service began). The staff is not up to Staybridge standards.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. Your business is important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration. Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.
Orangeburg, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

The staff was extremely cooperative and professional. The hotel location was ideal, surrounded by marvelous shops, restaurants, and theaters. The grounds are wonderfully maintained, and hotel's open spaces are extremely inviting. The rooms are beautiful, with so much space that you feel as if you are at home. The hotel buffet breakfast offered variety, nurturion, and exquisite taste. I have stayed at all of the 3 star and 4 star hotels in Greenville, and would have to rank this hotel as the "best" hotel in Greenville. The hotel is a "must" stay.

Room Tip: Select the one bedroom suite.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Pop09
Thank you for considering our hotel the Staybridge Suites Greenville/Spartanburg the best one in our area. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for your great review and for your business.
Tupelo, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were on the last night of a 5 day, 1700 mile, 9 state trip. We had visited with a very sick friend at Durham, NC, and had a lunch appointment with business associates in Duluth, GA, the next day. I checked out trip advisor and decided that this place would be the best bet for us, considering how late in the day it was and made a reservation. We arrived about 11:00 or 11:30 p.m., and check in was very quick and easy. The desk clerk, a gentleman, was very nice. The suite was clean and neat with lots of nice amenities. We had a comfortable bed and got a good night's sleep. Got up early the next morning and had a surprisingly good breakfast. (I usually don't care for the "complimentary" breakfasts at hotels.) This is a good place, and I recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ShaSha66
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the breakfast here at the Staybridge Suites Greenville/Spartanburg during your stay with us. Please return often! Thank you for such a nice review.
Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Painless check-in, rapid checkout with my receipt at the door. Breakfast was great- 5 days there and something different EVERY day and all good quality. A bit hidden to get to, but GPS got me there. Convenient with restaurants all around. My only issue would be $75 for a pet fee (FEE not deposit)- that was almost as much as the room for a small dog in her own cage. Oh well.

Room Tip: Choose one away from the pool if you want sleep- over the weekend some folks can sty loud and rowdy...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank GLC1966
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel the Staybridge Suites Greenville/Spartanburg. I’m happy to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I was especially glad to read that you had a speedy and efficient check-in. Our main concern is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay and I am thrilled that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed a 2 night stay at this location during a february trip to visit Greenville.
The location is great,the staff were friendly and the price was just right.
Free wifi,parking,and other perks is what makes Staybridge hard to beat.
We would definitely return again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CarolinaCoopers
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
We are glad to read you had a great 2 night stay and will be returning to our hotel the Staybridge Suites Greenville/Spartanburg. Thank you for such a nice review and for your business.