“Hotel is run down, dirty, and smells”

Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road
Ranked #34 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed June 22, 2012

What a disappointment to stay here again after a 7-month lapse. What I found was a hotel in disrepair. When I checked into my room, the couch cushions were covered with a crusty white substance. The stools near the kitchen were dirty and the upholstery was worn and ripped. The window in the room fell out when I opened it. After complaining, they could not move me since they were full. The next day they did replace the couch cushions with another set that were worn and dirty, lacking the crusted substance. The hall also smelled horribly. Apparently there were others complaining as I overheard 2 conversations similar to mine at the front desk during my stay.

I had stayed here before and had been pleased. Whatever is happening is a shame as it has ruined this hotel and I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelingPMP
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear TravelingPMP,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in the our hotel soon.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road

Reviewed June 1, 2012

We have family in the area that had just moved into their home, so we did not want to impose on them by staying there. We had a great time at the hotel, the continental breakfast was just what was expected, and the beds were comfortable. All in all a good place to call a temporary home.

The kitchenette was on par with several of the timeshares that we have used.

We did have a small issue with a rude person at the front desk, but that was handled by the manager without us asking, as he happened to be walking by, heard the exchange, apologized, then solved our problem.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

We here at the Staybridge Suites Greenville/Spartanburg would like to thank you for your review and stating "All in all a good place to call a temporary home."

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have stayed at several Staybridge locations the past couple of years. They are basically the same with some nicer than others. This location is in good condition, but could use some updating. I was in room #325. The floor near the window and A/C unit was warped badly. I was surprised they would rent a room in that condition. Had someone been sleeping on the other side of the bed they might have tripped in the dark. The staff was very nice and the breakfast and evening snacks were very good. If they make some needed repairs this would really help.

Room Tip: Avoid room 325 unless it has been repaired.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brad C
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Frank guest reviews such as yours, are appreciated, as they give us the chance to improve. The room will be looked at. Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. Please return often!

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Went to Greenville for an overnite stay, googled 'pet friendly' hotels in the area, Staybridge Suites came up, checked their reviews here on Tripadvisor.com (cuz we always check Tripadvisor no matter where we go!) and although never hearing of Staybridge Suites before, chose to give it a try. We were very impressed with the quality of the room, the bed was very comfy, the linens were plentiful & of good quality, the room had the best-equipped kitchenette I've ever seen, the location was quiet, and although it appeared to be very full, it was very quiet & I never heard any noise from outside the room!! I've stayed in a wide range of accommodations and have had different experiences with places within the same price range as this one - I would have to say, this is one of the better places! It appears to offer long-term stays, probably for people working in the area - and i've stayed in extended stay places before & they usually show much more wear & tear and are more run down... This one is very well kept, the pool and outdoor area and the small pavilion with grills & tables all were a nice touch. I would stay there again if I was in the area!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Taking the time to give us such a nice review is greatly appreciated here at the Staybridge Suites Greenville/Spartanburg. We hope to see you again when you travel back to to our area.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I had to stay here long term for work. I can say that the breakfast is awesome and they have very friendly staff. However, they messed up my bill several times (charging my card over 2k) and gave me the run around. The rooms are cleanish, but have a smokey smell (even if you're in a non smoking room). There are lots of weird bugs. They aren't bed bugs, but they fly and were all over my rooms (I moved several times). Really comfy beds though!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ArmyNomad
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

ArmyNomad,

Thank you for your stay, and providing feedback. I'm sorry for the complications experienced during your stay, but pleased the staff was highlight. We are always looking to be the best hotel we can be, and feedback like your will help us to accomplish this. We hope to have the honor of serving you again.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed March 6, 2012

This is a clean, comfortable hotel with large, spacious rooms. Great breakfast, great location. Right in the heart of the shopping district with a wide selection of restaurants to choose from, all within walking distance or a short drive.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Staybridge Suites Greenville I-85 Woodruff Road, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

We are glad to hear you think our hotel the Staybridge Suites Greenville/Spartanburg was a "Clean, comfortable hotel" and want to thank you for your review.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Great one night stay. Love the layout in these 1BR suites. Awesome breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2012

We are happy to hear you liked the room and food here at the Staybridge Suites Greenville/Spartanburg. Thank you for your review.