“Good Couple Nights Stay”

Drury Inn & Suites Greenville
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Good Couple Nights Stay”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This Drury was a little better than the one I stayed at previously. Breakfast was good. The happy hour food and drinks were good as well (made the food from happy hour my dinner one of my two nights staying there). Walking distance to shopping (Whole Foods, REI, etc.) was great. Beds were great (comfortable yet firm) and had no issues with noise from the highway. However, it was a little noisy due to kids running down the hallways, but kids are kids. It stopped before 10pm and wasn't a major issue after the first night. Also, a little on the expensive side.

Room Tip: Rooms get very dry, be aware.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Drury Inn and Suites is a great place to stay for people traveling with pets. I have stayed at this location multiple times and never been disappointed. Rooms are immaculate and comfortable with the latest amenities like easy wireless Internet access and flat screen television. There are a wide variety of room configurations available for most any travelers' situation.

Pricing is an issue, I paid $136.00 with tax for a standard 2 bed non-smoking room. BUT if one takes advantage of the included breakfast and dinner buffets the lodging expense can be offset with savings on dining. The food is not "gourmet" but it is quite tasty and there is plenty of it!

So, stay here if you have pets, eat the free food and you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank MHTIII
Cincinnati
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed one night at the Drury inn and it was an excellent stay. The lady at the front desk, immediately greeted me as soon as we walked in the door. I apologize, I cannot remember her name, but she made check inn easy. When we went to the 5:30 kick off, the food was plentiful and pretty good. The same can be said for breakfast. We had plenty of choices. The bed was really comfortable. The room was clean and very nice. This the 2nd Drury inn I have stayed. I have not had any disappointing experiences.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank breezy37
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed September 19, 2013

As usual, dogs all over the place. I had to dodge two of them while getting off the elevator one time. One was snapping at me. Probably knew I don't like dogs in hotels.

Unlike some of the newer properties, this one does not have pet-only floors and rooms. They can stay in any room. Also, this property has smoking rooms. Come on, Drury.

By Drury standards, our room was not up to par. Stain on sofa in our suite that I cleaned off myself. Dried candy on floor, which I cleaned up. Torn wallpaper that could have been easily fixed with some glue. If I'd had some, I would have fixed it myself.

The food area is small compared to other Drurys, so you don't have the variety. Food is very average, as at all Drurys. That cheese sauce tastes like...nothing. It has no flavor. I probably don't want to know what is in it.

Despite all this, service is good and the property is fairly clean. Anyhow, this is not a typical Drury. I'm a fan of this great American company, despite it all, and could not imagine giving it less than four stars. Until now.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BillVol
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We are always interested in what our guests have to say and how we might improve our customer service. We will share your comments with the team to help us make sure our rooms are up to and above par. Our hotel does follow the company pet policy and we also offer the same variety and selection of items at both our hot breakfast and evening 5:30 Kickback. We appreciate your business and hope you’ll give us another chance the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have been staying in the Greenville area on business for awhile and was told about the Drury Inn & Suites as a nice place to stay. I decided to stay there while I was in town for a few days to check it out.

Overall, it is a decent hotel with good amenities. My biggest issue was that the walls seemed very thin and I could hear the other guests in adjacent and above rooms fairly easily. I was a bit surprised by this as a number of other hotels I've stayed at didn't seem to be as 'noisy'.

On the plus side, their fitness center had a number of treadmills and a large TV. The "5:30 Kickback" is very pleasant with 3 free drinks for guests plus a small selection of food such as macaroni & cheese, salad, etc. They have a full breakfast in the morning with plenty of seating.

There are many restaurants and some shopping centers very close to the hotel just down Woodruff Road.

The hotel is nice with alot of amenities and I might stay there again. However, I've had good experiences at other hotels in the area and may gravitate towards those places again for my next stay.

Room Tip: Getting into the hotel can be a bit of a trick if coming from the eastern side of town. I didn't...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We do have several rooms and suites that may have better met your needs. If you are ever in need of assistance of any kind at any Drury property, please let someone know and we will do everything in our power to assist you. We appreciate your business and hope you will give us another opportunity and stay with us in the near future. Thank you!

Michael Lopez
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Always try to stay at a Drury property if available. Probably the all round best value. Absolutely fabulous staff, great breakfast, accommodations are wonderful. Always clean..........never a bad stay. The hotel is close to everything. You will not be disappointed. If you put your do not disturb sign out housekeeping will honor it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ron J
Seabrook Island, South Carolina
Reviewed September 7, 2013

$159 for a night - quality did not even top the price. The shampoo and conditioner dispenser not very of taste when taking a shower. I still prefer individual personal sample of shamppoo and conditioner. Staff not that friendly, at least not in our stay sept 2013. The maid knocking at the door 8:00Am for service. the noise from housekeeping at the front desk when I was trying to talk to the clerk. I could not hear her talking. Don't get full to free HOT breakfast. No pancake-no regular eggs no grit and not bacon ..only muffins,bagels scramble eggs and yogurt with oatmeal...really! if you want a free hot breakfast, I suggest that you try the Embassy suite then. We could not stay at this hotel that day.. We were very disappointed of this hotel for price/quality and not even a discount from AAA because the regular room were the same price. The next day we stayed at the clarion hotel on haywood. $64, nice hotel and clean. We will need to return to Greenville next month and we certainly will not stay at the Drury Inn. Very very disappointed with this hotel price/quality.

Room Tip: Put your sign DO NOT DISTURB if you want to sleep, if not the maid will knock at the door.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Remi B
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Greenville, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. Our goal is to exceed our guests' expectations. I am sorry you were not satisfied. We do have several standard room types with lower rates that are available, based upon availability. Typically our suites or jaccuzzi rooms run at the price you mentioned. We are proud of being eco-friendly with the shampoo/soap dispensers in the room, and we also provide regular soap at the front desk. Any time you have a concern, please contact us during your stay as we would like to address any issues right away to guarantee your satisfaction.

Some of the other ammenities we offer include free hot food and drinks each night between 5:30-7pm, an hour of free long distance phone calls within the U.S. each night, free wifi, and free local phone calls. We appreciate your business and hope you will give us an opportunity to earn your trust in the near future. Thank you!